Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was waiting for someone to say that hoolio!

:) Some people are just a little pedantic about it but who cares really, I just wanted to draw attention to that jaw droppingly stunning example that has just appeared on the RTOC. I kinda see the T as part of the same Renault history/lineage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is absolutely immaculate. I think the T will be a part of that club one day, I have never seen a 5 turbo in the flesh before.

Reaction score
The Renault 5 Turbo 2 must be the cheapest way into a Group B era car, compared to Metro 6R4's, Lancia Delta S4's, Ford RS200 etc its a bargain.

At the Classic Motosport show at Stoneleigh a few years back a bueatiful white R5T2 was for sale at only £15,000 & have to admit if I had the money I would have bought there & then. There was a red one on eBay about 6 years back that was a bit of a gamble as had no V5 iirc & had been stored for years without being run, that only sold for about £6000.

The R5GTT at £10,000 is ambitious at the very least, as that's very tidy Lancia Delta integrale 16V money, or bottom end needing some work EVO money & having sold a R5GTT 10 years ago to fund an integrale which i still have I can safely say, one is a road going example of the most successful rally car ever built that is pure theatre to own and drive, which is continuing to go up in value. The other is a good hot hatch from an era when there was real diversity within the hot hatch ranks, from crazy 3cylinder turbo's like the Charade GTTi with 100bhp, to big n/a engines like the fuel injected 1.9 in the 205GTi and crazy Recaro seated 2L twin carb'd Fiat Strada Abarth 130TC and just about everything else in between.

Would I have another, hell yes, but not for £10k, though someone may.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The R5GTT at £10,000 is ambitious at the very least.

Last year two went for more than that, admittedly they were both low mileage, un restored fairly mint examples. The value of these cars is finally increasing, inline with their gathering rarity. When I was looking to buy mine pistonheads often had ten pages and more to wade through, today they had exactly two. I bought mine for 5K three and half years ago, a pretty good investment if inadvertent, even Turbo 2's were within reach, if in need of work. People are now beginning to complain as GTT's previously only fit for the scrappers are now costing good money and decent ones up to 4k. I hate to think what that Turbo 1 that I posted above is now worth.

Reaction score
Have been looking for a turbo 2 for ages and think they are waaayy out of my price range now

Reaction score
Used to Drive my mates brothers when we were younger.. He worked nights so my mate would pinch the keys.. I remember it being awesome.