Reaction score
Just leaving of work went to pull out of the car park on left full lock and from the front end came a loud banging noise did it reverse as well sounded terminal so phoned my local dealer who said bring it in . Phoned the next day he said it did it in there yard so took it in and raised it up looked to see if the tyres were rubbing said he could see nothing wrong so test drove it again and nothing . I picked it up and it has not done it again . He said Renault call them ghost problems . Any one else had the same .

hyb

Reaction score
On full lock I don't get a loud bang, its more of a pop pop kinda sound. It must be due to the wider hubs. It feels exactly like my Rotax kart i used to race when you set the hubs out as far as possible. i don't think its much to worry about if its the same noise I get, I just try not to use full lock

nbc

Reaction score
I've had the same noise on my Trophy, a slight judder almost on full lock. At first I thought it was the icy road surface but it's still doing it in dry conditions. Had a go in m wife's 182 and that does the same so it can't be anything to worry about.
Wouldn't mind if the lock was excessive but you could hardly call it that!

Reaction score
I have got the same issue as well, took the car to Reno, but they could not solve the problem. Apparently the only fix for this issue is to majorly rework the top of the suspension turret, and even then some people still have the knocking. Didn't trust Reno to solve the problem, so I am learning to live with it. :roll:

Reaction score
I've decided to live with the noise as well. Somehow I don't find the idea of a Renault service department geezer attacking my Trophy with a grinder very appealing. 8-[

Reaction score
Mine also makes the noise (kind of a "scrubbing" noise?) on lock.

The fix sounds pretty drastic! Has anyone had this work done on here? Are there any photographs or the modifications available?

Reaction score
my previous car did this- a july 04 182, my trophy does and so does my bruvs april 04 182. so im not at all worried about it. it sounds like a clunk noise, most noticeable when reversing out of my driveway.

felix

Reaction score
it was more like lots of clunk noises as the wheel went round the quicker and louder they got

Reaction score
me too...

I noticed this strange clunk on full lock on day one. And day two... and every day since.
Only occurs on full lock going backwards or forwards. Only clunks the once then i dont hear it again. Also noticed a kind of squirming feeling from the tyres on full lock.
Looked at the tyres and hubs myself and came to the conlusion its probably something in the geometry, and now I've read that other people have it too, thats almost certainly the case.
Maybe this is one of the rare occasions the dealer may be right when he says "they all do it m8" :lol:

Reaction score
Right. If you look on www.renaultsport.co.uk in the forum section, under clio, there are a couple of guys currently getting the work done on their cars! Will be interesting to see the results. Seems to be a very very common problem. And there are a number of different theories!

Let's just hope for their sakes that that Renault do a good job! :roll: