Reaction score
hi folks something strange happened whilest driving the trophy tonight, basicly was just driving normally along around 40mph when the oil light on the dash flashed up with the words STOP NOW, anyways i stopped and thought no way has the oil ran out as i had checked it a week or so ago, i checked the dip stick and there was plenty of oil in it well over half full, so i filled it with more oil(about a quarter of a litre just to be safe) and all is well so far

anyone else had this oil light issue? cheers

Reaction score
Could this be a sensor/electrical fault rather than mechanical/fluid issue.

Reaction score
i would imagine so, but i just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. have you experienced this problem rexina?

im gonna recheck my oil again just to be safe lol!

Reaction score
Just thought i would comment quick as its a miss understanding as to keep oil level at top marker on the dipstick. You must always leave it just under due to oil heat and expansion. Oil level when hot should reach top marker on dipstick. As for your light its a common problem for oil level senders to fail, I work on Porsches n the old senders use to always rear incorrect to the actual level. For some reason though all new Porsches come with electonic sensor for level rather than a dipstick. Anyway back to the oil level if you over fill the pressure inside the engine can cause seals to leak so always be aware of this.

Reaction score
thanks for that liam, just another question, if my oil sender is indeed failing would it prevent the oil pump from doing its job?

Reaction score
The oil level sender has no relation to the oil pump so no need to worry. With the oil level sender if it is failing there may be a stored fault code but wont flag up on the dash so if you have the equipment to plug it in may be worth a look however they rarely flag up on our porsche system. Just a thought if your on about the oil pressure switch light that can indicate a fault with the oil pump but that can be checked by removing the oil cap while then engine is running it should make a sucking noise also revs usually rise slightly and u cam in most cases see oil moving around the cams. As for the oil pressure switch not sure on how much they are if there cheap then just replace it if not then it can be tested by removing switch then connect a multimeter across the terminals set the multimeter to resistance then put a pin or a parer clip in the hole pressing against the switch the resistance should rise if it don't then its faulty.

Reaction score
ok today the oil light came on again and it turned itself off again after i turned the ignition off, its doing my head in now so ive decided to just go down to renault and buy all the oil pressure sensors and switches

im going to buy the oil pressure switch(located at the front of the block) does anyone else know the others i need to buy?

thanks

Reaction score
allsmiles said:
ok today the oil light came on again and it turned itself off again after i turned the ignition off, its doing my head in now so ive decided to just go down to renault and buy all the oil pressure sensors and switches

im going to buy the oil pressure switch(located at the front of the block) does anyone else know the others i need to buy?

thanks

Before doing anything as drastic as that and giving them anymore of your money!!! It may be worth popping down there to see if it is a common fault they are aware of and see if there is a simple fix. If they are half decent they may do a quick diagnostic check without charging to see what comes up.

EIther way i hope you get it sorted.

Reaction score
just rang up rensport who are based locally and take usual care of my car, straight away he said oil temp switch so im heading down there tomorrow for diagnostics test

will report back

Reaction score
liam1610 said:
Im all fairness the oil pressure switch is £5.89 from express car parts
http://www.expresscarparts.co.uk/productdetail.php
If it was me i would just replace and see how you go for that kinda money.
I don't belive the clio has an oil temperature switch just pressure and level but could be wrong just ain't noticed a dial for it.

If they are that cheap fair enough, but i bet they aren't that price direct from the Stealer!

Reaction score
i was quoted £20 something today at the main dealer for the oil switch thats at the front of the block, to be honest i want to keep genuine parts on my car so i will be going to the dealer

Reaction score
In all fairness from what iv seen so far all my renault parts iv put on my vehicle are either beru or valeo my spark plugs were ngk. If you look for aftermarket stuff the majority of it is exaclty the same as you get genuine especially now days like for instance the majority of the new porsche electrics r vw and audi hence why they fail lol. Btw ask for discount say your in the trade they never ask where but will get you cheaper discount :)

Reaction score

thanks

Mine has been doing the same thing for a few Months! Stop an oil light come on. Once about every 6 days then fine again for a week. It does the same journey every day there and back but once a week the oil and stop light come on at 2500 rpm rev it and they go out until the revs drop. Then it runs the rest of the journey fine! I would be interested to know if this fixes it?

Thanks

Oliver

Reaction score
finally got it to a garage a few weeks ago they replaced oil, oil filter and sensor next to oil filter and all as been good now for the last few weeks.