OEM or Not

Reaction score
Hi,

Now that I am doing a mini project on my Trophy I have a burning question in my head...

Do I go down the road of complete Renault parts or do I go for non-Renault (third party) parts.

What do you guys do or does it just come down to what you're replacing...? :).

Regards,
jsgthomson

Reaction score
I think part of it comes down to what you are replacing. At the end of the day its daft to pay some of Renaults prices for certain parts when you can get equal or better parts for less money, thats my opinion anyway.

Reaction score
Ok so I have just bought Powerflex rear mounts/hangers instead of Renault, to be quite honest they're rubbish.

I would obviously get OEM (Eibach) springs and anything non-wearing OEM, but I guess the grey area is parts like the brake cables, track rod ends etc.

Regards,
jsgthomson

Reaction score
Secondly - I am probably going to go for a Scorpion RS192 exhaust so do I get an OEM down pipe or get one made up by ktec or someone similar? My one is rusted badly and I can see the point of going for stainless.

I just don't want the car to be a hodge podge of different manufactured parts if that makes sense. Hopefully, it does.

Regards,
jsgthomson

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I always use OEM parts. The only exception is when fitting or replacing uprated parts/modifications.

Last edited: