Reaction score
Trophy No.
drivin home tonight without the radio on and noticed a noise - think prob exhaust but here goes -

its most noticable when i lift off the throttle and sounds like a raspy, tickley, sort of rustle sound. when i accelerate it changes to a more prominent raspiness(?). If i dip the clutch it disappears completely.

any takers?

cheers guys

Day

Reaction score
Does it still do it when the Girlfriend/Wife/Mistress is not in the car?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it's difficult to say really without hearing it.

I'm a bit confused as you say its most noticable when you lift off the throttle, but then gets more prominent when you accelerate :?

May well be the exhaust though. Any revs where it sounds more noticable? Might be the infamous 4k rattle that affected 172 exhausts, mine included.

Day

Reaction score
:?

Why not use the warranty procedure?

If you think it's not right get a professional opinion from your dealer!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've noticed this at low speeds (sub 20) when using engine braking with no throttle in 2nd.

it sounds bit like a pea in the cat, rattling about. only notice it when the engine is cold. Will get it into a dealer when i have time.

Reaction score
Mine did have something like what you have describe matt. However after the 12k service all was fine. No idea what they did but it's fixed. Sorry i can't be of more help but get along to your dealer and explain the issue.

Reaction score
I have found recently, since folding the rear seats down and taking the bench seat out totally that at around 3k i get a very noticable humming from the exhaust, which goes when you drop over/under 3k.

Not to fussed about it tbh, i have checked the heatshield and also the rear boxes and everything seems fine. I am guessing that it is just the resonece pitch of the engine that makes that noise.