hyb

Reaction score
Nik, whats the camera setup you have?

I'd love a pen style camera mounted at the front/rear. Checked out a couple of your vids and the results are great. Any info would be appreciated

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah no problem. I got the bullet cam when I got the Trophy to record trackdays as my headrest mount wont fit on the Recaros.

I got mine from these guys: http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

They aren't cheap for the kits though, but it does give you everything you need. You can buy the cameras separately for £30-40 on eBay, but you'd need to buy a few cables / adapters and a microphone etc extra, and they aren't as high quality cameras (less lines) as the ones RF sell.

I've got the Package5 kit, although i ordered a cheaper one they upgraded me for free . This has the best quality cam they sell.

Mines mounted in the grille on the front:

nosecamfront.jpg

You connect them to your camcorder and record directly onto that. Most fairly modern DV camcorders have an AV in mode (the sony camcorders use the same cable you use to connect them to the TV). You can then capture the footage onto your PC just as you would anything else filmed on the camcorder, i.e. with a firewire cable.

Some examples videos:

http://crowspeed.net/videos/Brands19070 ... sEve-4.wmv

http://crowspeed.net/videos/airfield3/a ... print3.wmv

http://crowspeed.net/videos/Brands240805/brandswet4.wmv

hyb

Reaction score
Top stuff, out of interest, what camera do you have?
I've currently got a PCG-9E (i think) but doesn't have aux input.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine is the Sony TRV22e. Very good camera, just a shame the touch screen is playing up making it a bit tricky to use.

I'm suprised yours hasn't got an AV input, most do it as a feature on the camera, and using the same connectors as the av output.

hyb

Reaction score
Hmmm, mine was an ebay job, got it last year, no manual.

Crap picture from phone cam but these are the only ports i have.

Look familiar at all?
Photo_090205_001.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice. I saw your car at RWS.

Steve, TR04 PHY is available I think... but very much more expensive...

G

3 Grand for T20 PHY?? hmmmm

Liz, you know when you asked me what i want for Christmas lol

G

Went nosing around on t'interweb and i saw a site that had TR04 PHY for just over 3 grand :)

Reaction score
I went down the route of TR05FEE (currently on retention cert) for the princely sum of £500.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Excellent, look forward to seeing that on the car :D

Reaction score
Absolutely - I'm tired of seeing it stuck to the front of a 1.1 dynamic on the DVLA website!
Without wishing to drift off topic could you very briefly advise as to the paperwork involved Nik - the DVLA are notoriously unclear on this. Just the V5 + V750 required?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think i took my current tax disc in with me when i went to the local DVLA office just in case they wanted to see that too. You still keep the existing disc and they print you a new one with the new reg on. You then have to send the old one back once you change the plates over (plates and tax disc must match at all times). I think i basically just took everything just in case :p

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think I took my current tax disc in with me just in case they wanted to see that too. You still keep the existing disc and they print you a new one with the new reg on. You then have to send the old one back once you change the plates over (plates and tax disc must match at all times). I think i basically just took everything just in case :p

Reaction score
Sounds like a commom sense approach - Cheers Nik, must get my foot in the door before Xmas shuts them down.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, i made the mistake of presuming they'd be open on a Saturday morning...... After 1½ hours sat in traffic to get there I discovered they were open the helpful times of Monday - Friday 9-5. :x

Reaction score
And I've got T2 PHY....

What an amazing this is going to make having these cars lined up./... =D>