New head lights + washer blanks

Reaction score
Hi all,

Head lights on my trophy are a mess, just before I bought it they were improved but are still really poor and misty.

I've been quoted £50 each head light to bring back up and then seal with a chemical that makes them really clear, I've seen the guys restoration work so I can appreciate its time consuming.

I'm just wondering if I'm better of buying new, given that there is some stone chips? are trophy head lights the same as normal a base model?

Also I'm torn on wether or not to get the washer blanks painted or not, I like to keep things original looking, but feel they would look better painted. I'm having the stone chips sorted on the bumper soon so need to decide!

Reaction score
Depends which way you wan to go really. A cheap pair on ebay are £90ish Euro car parts (with online discount) are about the £120 or £184 for oem ones which is about the same as renault trade price. Or xenon headlights are £330 a pair trade.

The price to replace the headlight blanks, I would take them off and stick them in a vault and bang on some carbon ones.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ooooo, headlights was one thing I was thinking of replacing, how much for Reno originals?

Reaction score
Any pictures Mikey?

I was thinking if it was £120/130 I might just replace them for what its worth but £180 not sure what to do when they will look like new for £100

Decisions? are the lights specific to the trophy model as the 182's have xenons don't they?

Reaction score
The washer blanks cost even more new.

The Cheaper euro ones look good just not maded by Hella.

The Trophys headlights are the same type as all the other clios. The 182's xenon units are only available from Renault, no aftermarket parts retail is over £450 a pair.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Trade to me is around £180ish a pair (can't remember exactly) in Black or grey.
That's handy to know as I am thinking of new headlights - can you do me a favour? :p I think I might go for a set with the black inserts actually.

Reaction score
I'm torn on painting the washer jets, they look better painted but aren't original haha.

I can imagine the black headlights looking better but again not original? is the £180 for genuine set?

Reaction score
How about getting a set or fibreglass ones painted and keep the original set black.

I will double check price tomorrow but i would get them from Renault.

Reaction score
The price to replace the headlight blanks, I would take them off and stick them in a vault and bang on some carbon ones.

Just re-read this, think I will leave them black then mate. Never realised they are hard to get anymore, I know what I'm like with modifications I like them but always revert back to thinking original looked better over time.

I had a slight crack in my front splitter got a shock when I found out they are £260, I used to get them from a guy at the import yard 10 years ago for £60 cash haha