Reaction score
OK, so I don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of cars, but I was driving along today thinking how glad I was that the UK (and Switzerland) were considered worthy of being sold Tropies.

Then I got to thinking about what special variants of cars we'd missed out on, that other nations had got, and I was wondering what was the most sorely missed.

The only thing I could think of off the top of my head was the hot Sierra we missed out on.

Some European nations got the XR4Ti (2.0+ turbo variant in the mid-eighties), and the South Africans got a V8 called the XR8.

Also NSX Type R?

Can anyone more knowledgeable add to the list? It's got to be a hot variant of a version of a car that was sold here. I guess there's quite a few Jap cars (?)

Reaction score
One we will miss out on in the future is a new Lancia Delta Integrale which is surpposed to be due out next year :( .

Reaction score
Nismo 400R - based on the R33 Skyline, about 100 built just for the Japanese market.

One of my favourite cars of all time, the Lancia Delta Integrale EVO Final Edition was another Japanese market car, in Europe we got a Dealers Collection limited edition model, but the Jap version was far nicer - http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?StockID=102677

Reaction score
Couple of great everyday 'supercars':

-Ford Falcon GT Turbo (four door family car easily tunable to do 1/4 mile in 11 seconds);

Many Japanese models including:

-Nissan Stagea Autech (Nissan station wagon with Skyline GTR running gear: engine gearbox, drivetrain, suspension)
-Subaru Blitzen (another station wagon co-developed with Porsche, STI gear)

Reaction score
Nice link to the Integrale. We've probably missed out on a few specials being RHD.

Reaction score
not sure if this was made for the uk or not but they r very rare Mazda 323 4x4 turbo i always remember a guy local to me had 1 it was black with sum mad revouloution wheels looked the nuts ....

Tim

Reaction score
Nah 323's where all grey imports. I had a starlet GT Turbo, again a grey import and a fantastic car :)