Reaction score
The weekend started with a visit to Mark Fish to have the solid top mounts fitted that I had ordered last year but had only just got round to getting fitted.

Mr Fish (for those who have never met him).
DSC_0460.jpg

The top mount.
DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

Sachs dampers removed.
DSC_0462.jpg

Holes drilled.
DSC_0487.jpg

Top mount fitted onto a very dirty Sachs damper.
DSC_0500.jpg

Fitted.
DSC_0502.jpg

Horrified with the state of my front wheel arches and dampers I decided to give the car a little clean today. Having only just re-fitted the plastic engine under tray (Renault forgot to put it back on the last time it went in for warranty work) my engine bay was also begging for a clean.

Engine bay cleaned with Britemax Grime out and dressed with some old Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care that I had knocking about.
DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

Arches clean with a spray of Bright Wheels and hosed clean.
DSC_0525.jpg

Wheels cleaned with Bright Wheels and then sealed with Extreme Elements.
DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

Wheels back on and engine bay gleaming its snow foam time.
DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

Rinsed and dried using my favourite detailing spray #6 Spray & Shine from Britemax.
DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

And then it rained.
DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

Reaction score
looks stunning, where abouts in Surrey are you??

Reaction score
7MAT said:
The weekend started with a visit to Mark Fish to have the solid top mounts fitted that I had ordered last year but had only just got round to getting fitted.

Interested to know how much better or difference these make.Also have you made any other adjustments?

Cheers

Shiftspark

PS. Car looks very clean (tup)

amm

Reaction score
looks spot on mat have you got any wheel cleaner that will shift the dust that race pads deposit ? i have tryed all the ones that halfords sell non of them tuch it :evil:

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
7MAT said:

Interested to know how much better or difference these make.Also have you made any other adjustments?

Cheers

Shiftspark

PS. Car looks very clean (tup)

She's now pin sharp on turn in. There a quality piece of kit which Mark has been testing over the last two years. Elimates sideways camber movement.

Other suspension mods include custom spec Eibach lowering springs, un-pinned front dampers, Koni rear adjustables and camber adjustment.

Reaction score
amm said:
looks spot on mat have you got any wheel cleaner that will shift the dust that race pads deposit ? i have tryed all the ones that halfords sell non of them tuch it :evil:

After a summer of track days using Mintec M1177 race pads I was under the impression that I would have to get my front wheels refurbished as they were in a right state.

Anyway I used that horrid wheel cleaner from halfords called Wonder Wheels. This is probably the highest acid based cleaner available.

Several repeated application and hard brushing got them clean, polished them up and sealed them and they have been fine eversince.

amm

Reaction score
7MAT said:
amm said:

After a summer of track days using Mintec M1177 race pads I was under the impression that I would have to get my front wheels refurbished as they were in a right state.

Anyway I used that horrid wheel cleaner from halfords called Wonder Wheels. This is probably the highest acid based cleaner available.

Several repeated application and hard brushing got them clean, polished them up and sealed them and they have been fine eversince.

i have tried that mat its still there i have also tried some industrial strength wheel cleaned from renault but they are still a mess any other ideas ?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just don't use brillo pads and oven cleaner like my dad did, unless you like the swiss cheese look of pitted alloys.

To really clean the wheels (mine were rusted they were that bad) two applications of wonder wheels in warm weather followed by a good soaking in biological washing powered water (removal of wheels needed) then a normal clean had them looking brand new again. You'll then need to seal/polish them or its a right bugger next time.