Reaction score
I recently purchased a RStuner Pro, i plugged it in only to find it has had 2 different software versions on it.
The first been version 8100 - 7803, this is the standard map when the car is new.
The second version is 8200 - 7804, this software is group N based, was confused by this as this would suggest it has been remapped so i decided to do some investigating.

I contacted the lad, (richard.apps), who had the car before me and he said that last year when the car was cold the exhaust would pop and bang, he took it to renault and they said it was the CAT, so they replaced the CAT and also changed the car map as a precaution, they told him it would probably make the car peform better.
This pop and bang also used to happen on my old FF182, but when i had it remapped it stopped.

So basically my Trophy was remapped with a group N by reno. :D

Why dont they just do this to the standard car, seems a bit stupid if they are going to do it anyway when there is a issue with the car?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
brucey bonus, am quite suprised they've done it, make sure you get some paper work though, bet your bottom dollar they'll say it's because you've have a remap if the engine goes pop.

Reaction score
Cue said:
brucey bonus, am quite suprised they've done it, make sure you get some paper work though, bet your bottom dollar they'll say it's because you've have a remap if the engine goes pop.

Im trying to find out if i can get the reciepts now but hopefully the engine will be sound for a long time yet.

Reaction score
you are right in thinking your car has been re-programed but your information is off.

8200 7804 is just the latest updated software version from the factory in france. where did you get the" GROUP N" from? so the dealer can only UPgrade the injection computer with whats avalible. :?

Reaction score
Ash87 said:
you are right in thinking your car has been re-programed but your information is off.

8200 7804 is just the latest updated software version from the factory in france. where did you get the" GROUP N" from? so the dealer can only UPgrade the injection computer with whats avalible. :?

Got the group n from fastchips web site, Henks group n based map is 8200 7804, suppose he must have modified his map though.
He also has one that begins with 8100 which is the standard map.
Thanks for clearing this up.

What do you mean by the dealer can only upgrape the injection computer with whats avalible?
Cheers

Reaction score
The dealers can only go UP in numbers ie 8100 to 8200. they rely on the factory producing a "better" map,so if they havent they cant upgrade. unlike a tuner who can pick a specific map thats right for a particular set of mods etc. a live map done on a rolling road is the best way.

cheers.