Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lots of people seem to be doing the switch from trophy to R26.

Will be good to here what you think in comparrison. I wouldnt be able to let the trophy go.

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
Good choice Gareth. Thought it might have been on the cards.

Have you test driven one yet?

none of my local dealers have any 225s or R26s for test driving... however BlackRat230 on MS gave me a 45 min test drive of his.... it was enough to convince me :D

it's gonna be a long wait though til September :(

Reaction score
FunkyMunky said:
chiefbadger said:
Good choice Gareth. Thought it might have been on the cards.

Have you test driven one yet?

none of my local dealers have any 225s or R26s for test driving... however BlackRat230 on MS gave me a 45 min test drive of his.... it was enough to convince me :D

it's gonna be a long wait though til September :(

Just found out that mine get's in to the country tomorrow so should be picking up on Sat. I was lucky enough to have a very sympathetic salesman who let me go for a proper run round some of my favourite roads. I was massively impressed with it :D
The trophy still feels great, but the R26 just feels more effortless in terms of out right pace and composure. I'm certain that I will miss the rawness and agility of the Trophy, but I am now hankering for the Meggy!!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
are any of you who are switching to the meggy going to be at any reno track days ?

i know it's not in the spirit of the day (or legality of it) but I'd love to see how it goes against a Trophy in a dog fight :)

Reaction score
i can only price my car based on what else is for sale on pistonheads and the trader.... prices have fallen a bit so no use in leaving it priced up to 500 quid above identical cars really.

Reaction score
I think I have chosen EXACTLY the wrong time to sell mine, it's nuts. Have you posted on CS with that price Gareth? Expect a fountain of ignorant, speculative turd to fly your way!

Reaction score
Steve said:
I think I have chosen EXACTLY the wrong time to sell mine, it's nuts. Have you posted on CS with that price Gareth? Expect a fountain of ignorant, speculative turd to fly your way!

not as yet... though tbh thats the sort of enquiries i have been getting already. how many trophy's do you know that have auto lights/wipers and xenons? I mean FFS :evil:

Reaction score
Stand back & observe, Allvehicles stock used to be low mileage sub 15k & prices were good.

Today, he has no low milers hence prices have dropped.

So if you have a low miler chances are you should achieve a god price.

Reaction score
Not going to say openly on here what I got for mine in the end on trade in, but suffice to say, for a 16k mile A1 example I only had 2 serious enquiries in over 3 weeks of advertising. Everyone else just wanted to see if they could pay nothing for it. Then said 'those back seats are a bit duff'.

I'm trying not to think about it too much seeing as I think I payed more than anyone else when I bought it in the first place!!! Ouch.

Reaction score
at the end of the day, in my mind there is a mileage threshold at which prices start to drop off quite considerably. my car is approaching that threshold before long so if i can sell for a realistic price whilst the mileage is still low then so be it.

If i could persuade the GF to sell hers instead and then have a Meggy and a Trophy then we would do, but at the end of the day my circumstanes are that i'm buying a Meggy and as such the Trophy is for sale. i'd love to keep the price up but when the interest i'm getting is along the lines that everyone else is getting (a few phone calls from chanchers) i need to price accordingly and realistically. given the choice of two identical cars, condition and mileage, would you really pay £700 more for one car than the other? realistically, i think not.

Mine is now priced very fairly and has the added benefit of a catchy plate too which should hopefully set it apart from the others for sale at a similar price.