Reaction score
Well after selling my Trophy i realised that finding a replacement for it wasn't going to be easy, after considering many many different cars i decided to stick with another hatch and decided to stick with Renault as i really do like how they drive, very soon i found this...........

1-15.jpg

Only had it for a few days and even though it is very different to the Trophy in some ways it is very similar so i'm very pleased so far.

Gman

Reaction score
Did you change to get a bigger car?

Will you be up-ing the power?

Reaction score
No real reason for the change, i've never been one to keep a car for a long period of time and i had the Trophy for a year and just fancied a change, i didn't advertise the T for sale, just responded to a wanted add and it went on from there.

I'm just going to keep it standard for a while and see how it goes but that option is always there which is nice, i have heard a few that have had a stage 1 map and a decat/exhaust and they do sound quite nice so i may well be tempted to do a few bits to this car unlike the trophy which i wanted to keep standard.

Reaction score
Very nice indeed ......

It didnt take you long to find a new car!

Reaction score
Nice wheels gman.

It looks like a minter..... I hope it impresses after the Trophy!

Don't worry.... i'll take good care of your old Trophy :p

Reaction score
It's a nice low mileage car BUT they haven't taken much care of the interior and a few interior panels are scratched and one has a little tear in it so i will be replacing these as i hate the interior not being perfect, well as good as possible. Aside from this the body work is real good, definitely a lot better than some of the others i looked at.

Reaction score
The R26 has standard 4 pot brembo calipers....

As i said on meganesport you wont regret your purchase.....however why bother with a stage 1 when you can have a stage 2 :D

with a few choice mods on my R26 i'm running 282 BHp with a peak torque 340lbs with a stage 2.....it pulls like a train! zaust doesnt bring any significant gains over the stock arrangement except of some extra noise!

Reaction score
with a few choice mods on my R26 i'm running 282 BHp with a peak torque 340lbs with a stage 2.....it pulls like a train! zaust doesnt bring any significant gains over the stock arrangement except of some extra noise![/quote]

imagine those fiqures on a r26r...282 bhp in a car weighing 1220 you get 234 bhp per ton.. surely you must have traction problems off the line specially with 340lbs thats more than you get from scoobys and evos

Reaction score
Gman said:
Well after selling my Trophy i realised that finding a replacement for it wasn't going to be easy, after considering many many different cars i decided to stick with another hatch and decided to stick with Renault as i really do like how they drive, very soon i found this...........

1-15.jpg

Only had it for a few days and even though it is very different to the Trophy in some ways it is very similar so i'm very pleased so far.

Gman
Very nice
These are growing on me since seeing the 26.r but couldnt afford one especially now as the last few are going for book price rather than 18k or so.
As already said can these put down the extra power that the stage 1 and 2 upgrades offer?

Reaction score
May seem like a silly addition but I have just put some front Mudflaps on mine.

If you are laughing and have an R26 have a look at the passenger door frame at the lower rear and count the stone chips.

I have more there than the front bumper and its only done 7k.

Reaction score
you have to gradully feed the power in on 1st and 2nd ,(only ham fisted driving in the lower gear will create a degree of wheelspin and that only really happens when the road is wet/damp), however from there on in no issues with the traction. It is also slightly quicker off the line to 60 than the stock R26 (think focus ST mountune quick), however thats not what its about.....the mid range and top end are transformed... Overall it makes the car an extremely quick bit of kit ! and very enjoyable to boot!