Reaction score
Trophy No.
Click on these for proper size.[attachment=1:1oql3koj]New 5 Pics 006.jpg[/attachment:1oql3koj][attachment=1:1oql3koj]New 5 Pics 006.jpg[/attachment:1oql3koj]

Attachments

• New 5 Pics 006.jpg
    New 5 Pics 006.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 29
  • New 5 Pics 004.jpg
    New 5 Pics 004.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Ah, a little big methinks :?

Your missing a cap on one of the number plate screws mate!

Otherwise that is God damn gorgeous, love them standard, wish I owned one in the day................

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Roy, I have to admit I can't take too much credit for the condition, I bought it like that though I've spent a fair few hours on the paintwork which now looks ten times better than it did after twenty years swirls. Also lots of renewal of suspension bits over the winter.
Bearne, I wondered if anyone would notice that, I do every time and its bloody annoying.

Reaction score
Stunning... are you going to replace the alloy weights with stick-ons? are they Mitchelin tyres?

How does it handling and 'feel' compared to the T?

Reaction score
Nice one J - good to see some pictures of the old girl after some summer TLC.

As per previous comments, it brings back great memories of the days I was in my teens - used to work for my dad in the summer and 3 of his employees had R5GTTs at one stage - never ever got a ride though, so pleeeeease bring it to Essex sometime!!! :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rich that would mean actually driving it ;-)
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Mark the original plan had been to replace the weights but on the the spares I've got its the one place without fail that the wheel has suffered damage so have been a little nervous about removong them. I know that's an argurment to get them off asap but after almost 20 years I can't see it hurting to leave them for a little while longer. Yes they are the original mxv's, the rears are really on their last legs but I now have three replacements not including the spare so my ebay search goes on.
As to the handling, after driving the 5 for a couple of days and getting in the T it felt very heavy and sluggish which is really down to weight and the turbo but with all the original tyres and brake set up on I wouldn't dream of trying to do what I do in the T. I have been thinkong about selling the T to make way for a project but that is one of the reasons why I probably won't.
Going to see some winter storage this afternoon for probably too expensive, its just a shopping trolley really, if an old one :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Realised i've not updated this for a while so.....................
picsforJRP011.jpg
picsforJRP006.jpg

I had expected to have begun a few jobs by now but what with the weather it's been like this for months now :(

Ren5GTDecals015.jpg

Reaction score
I admit im not a fan of these but this looks great and they are pretty quick cars. Glad to see it being kept in such great condition! I'd melt for a 205 GTI in Miami blue with red carpets though :wink:

Reaction score
Where's the pics of the trailer and tow car you use to move it around? :lol:
I see you included one of the cotton wool :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Trailer, nah get dirty on a trailer. I'll take as many comments about being precious as anyone cares to make, most of them are now sitting in cupboards in their new guise as bean cans, its hardly some twenties bugatti but I'm going to make no excuses for giving as much TLC as I can.

Reaction score
splendid example, gotta ask tho was this car owned by someone that went by the name of ohms and lives/lived in an area called telford and then someone called alex from swindon?

if it is then this must possibly be one of the best examples in the uk