Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Every year I think, maybe this year we'll manage a combined Trophy & MTB weekend.. Each year I fail to get it off the ground.. Any takers or organisers?

I'd be up for a CT ride! BTW, do you ride at Swinley Forest? Thinking of heading that way in the next few weeks with a mate who rides.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmmm that makes mine look prehistoric Ben but around here rear suspension is just a heavy pain in the a*se, even the fronts are locked out for a lot of the time. Might have to do a rethink on the bike if I go up there.

Iv seen plenty of riders come down the same downhills as me on Hardtails, Like quik5i1ver said, its just alot easier and faster on a full sus and I recon alot more fun, which is whats its all about (for me anyways). Saying that seeing the Hardtails rattling down the hills looks like a lot of fun in a mental kind of way :wink:.

With my XC bikes the main problem for me was the amount of travel on the front (100mm), I kept bottoming out the forks which got right on my nerves, the XC frame geometry really isnt the best when your on a steep slope either. Still possible to ride but totally poo your pants scary as your leaning right forward (on a fork which has about 20mm of travel left), and the skinny wheels are good at finding all the nasty cracks and holes that you would rather avoid. All together this means you rattle down the hill in an uncontrollable mess muttering 'ooh aah s**t, bug*er, f**k' and usually end up in a heap somewhere along the way. I still do this now even with a bike thats built for the job !

Im well up for a Clio Trophy MTB meet in the Lakes if you guys are, I can organize routes both MTB and drives out.