Reaction score
Depends how fast & smooth you drive?

65mph super-smooth is massively different to 88mph and über-aggressive!

Reaction score
I averaged 37-38 when the car spent most of it's time on the motorway.

getting ~30 now that I'm back living in (and driving around) Bristol

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for responses!!
I have just done Edinburgh - Carrbridge (262 miles round trip). I started in Edinburgh at 17.2 MPG. (yikes) I then was cruise control most of the way at 60 - 65 mpg and it slowly rose to about 22-23mpg ish and stayed there for most of the journey up there... On the way back on I was generally driving slower and it crepped up to 25.3mpg ish.. surely it should be more than that with carefully cruise control driving... Thanks!!

jsthomson

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for responses!!
I have just done Edinburgh - Carrbridge (262 miles round trip). I started in Edinburgh at 17.2 MPG. (yikes) I then was cruise control most of the way at 60 - 65 mpg and it slowly rose to about 22-23mpg ish and stayed there for most of the journey up there... On the way back on I was generally driving slower and it crepped up to 25.3mpg ish.. surely it should be more than that with carefully cruise control driving... Thanks!!

jsthomson

You should have reset your trip before starting. You were most likely getting 30+ just your previous average was pulling it lower

Reaction score
You should be getting around 30-33mpg on average. I had a similar issue a while back, was getting around 28mpg and I think it was running rich as there was a lot of soot on the tailpipes. Turned out to be faulty lambda sensors. Replaced both pre-CAT and post CAT sensors and now running back to normal mpg.

SoS

Reaction score
I am getting 35-36 mpg on a mix of driving, some motorway, traffic and around town. If I reset the trip and cruise at 65 it gets to nearer 40 mpg. Traffic and around town hits economy.

Reaction score
I reset the trip computer on mine this morning before I left for work, it was quite low as I took full advantage of the nice weather we had on Sunday :p

The journey to work consisted of around 20 miles on B roads and dual carriageways, then during the day I did around 20 miles driving around town to and from appointments, and then another 30 or so miles on the motorway to get home. When I pulled onto my driveway just now, the trip computer showed an average of 39.7 MPG. Admittedly, I've been taking it really easy all day, but it still impresses me how economical these cars can be.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My driving is pretty mixed and at the moment is averaging 36 which is odd as during the summer the same journey I was getting just under 40???

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Showing my ignorance here, I always thought the colder air (with greater concentration of oxygen) would mean more efficient burn and better mileage.