Reaction score
Hoolio- you're not wrong! Stunning ( as is the price)

If the T achieves half that price after 20 odd years I'd be delighted, I'd still keep it in the "collection" and not sell it though. ;-)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes it's a little overpriced, I think it's a dangle it out there and see who bites price. It's a lot to do with the history, this one would be worth more than that I suspect,[attachment=0:1amh31vb]DSC_1106.jpg[/attachment:1amh31vb]

It would be very nice if the T were to command a premium price in twenty years but it's wierd the way it works. Take the 5GTT you would have to offer me close to £10k to get me to part with mine but if I sold it I would struggle to get five but machinery from a similar period (and I remember from my youth) like these are just silly prices.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1368297.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1567920.htm

Attachments

• DSC_1106.jpg
    DSC_1106.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Tell me about it, I used to be able to afford a mk 1 Lotus Cortina!!

Buy interesting stuff, make sure they are all different types of car/bike and keep them! ( that's my method).

I've sold many a toy I wished I still had now......

Reaction score
If the T achieves half that price after 20 odd years I'd be delighted, I'd still keep it in the "collection" and not sell it though. ;-)[/quote]

Do you guys think the Trophy will eventually one day be worth that much???

Reaction score
Maybe not that much but it will certainly remain collectible; normal rules apply re supply/demand that will govern the price.

For me though it's not a question of financial investment it's one of having nice/interesting stuff in the garage that will always attract interest and give pleasure (as an example; my Ducati 748, not worth a great deal but a very special/milestone machine that after 12 years still gets admiring glances and appreciation, oh, and still looks great, and still goes well after all that time!).

If you open the garage door and you smile then you got it right... =D>

Reaction score
I know what you mean re-keeping cars, if only ...

That V6 looks lovely, and how shall I put it well priced! The 5 is aimed at continental market, so is beleive it or not cheap!

I suspect like Jeff, that in a few years time the T will be worth a bit - having said that you will have spent a fair bit on it too :wink: Look at the prices of a Williams ...