Misfire information

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi everyone
Picked up a misfire on 082 .. Plugged the OBD reader in and it flagged cyl 2
Had a little check of the injectors and sure enough the ohms on No2 were down to 3.5 ( Should be 13.5-17 or so )
So if anyone is having a similar issue that info is out there.
Engine light had been flashing intermittently before any issue was felt so if u get that get the multi meter out !!

Reaction score
Make sure replacement is a genuine Magneti Marelli from somewhere reputable.
I bought a "genuine" one off eBay, looked ok at a quick glance but closer inspection suggested it wasn't. Didn't cure the injector fault code when installed.
Bought another one from Eurocarparts and immediately cured the problem.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Genuine injectors can be bought from ECP

Well worth it if you are in the trade and can get good discount.

E9ABE0A4-C34E-49A2-89E1-0715238C64A5.jpeg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@Rik Perry - many thanks for the useful advice. Just to add to this, I recently had the same problem - engine light flashing, mainly at idle. Fault code reader pointed to cylinder 3 on mine. So I got a set of genuine injectors from Renault, which solved the problem.

BUT, I also replaced the spark plugs - and upon removing them, spark plug #3 was BLACK, from where that cylinder had been overfuelling with the faulty injector. New plugs and injectors and it's running better than ever :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Left my car in a safe place after the snow in Devon and went to collect it yesterday to be faced with limp mode and EML light on, which also flashed during driving. Called the AA and all they could 'diagnose' was a cylinder misfire and were certain it was the coilpack.

I managed to get the car home and took the injectors off, after reading on here and CS this seemed the most common answer, and it was right! Purchased the Magnetti Marelli injector as above for £41 from ECP and she is purring like a kitten.

Given I have covered 142,000 miles this was the first fuel related problem since ownership in 2009, quite impressive!

Reaction score
I have a Misfire too, problem is I have changed plugs and leads and coil pack. process of elimination I know. Problem is the coil pack has gone again. Which is really annoying as its only recently been fitted. I was told its best to replace with genuine Renault parts, I called the dealer who informed me they are discontinued!! last year he said. surely this can't be right? Any ideas as to best replacement coil pack? I seem to recall a guy that works for Renault in Wolverhampton? who can source genuine parts? or am I confusing this with something else? have a fault with cylinder 3 injector. so next to change will be injector. DF054/DF110.

Reaction score
I Maybe incorrect by I believe Renault Wolverhampton are part of Renault retail group so they tend to check stock back to France. I think other renault part only tens to check uk stock. I don’t know about them sourcing stuff from elsewhere.

Can’t help if replacement none Renault.. Problems we will all face at some point long term.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@midlandsowner I am afraid your dealer is correct, it was flagged on the site last year. As dabik says, it's a problem we all face though on a fair few parts it's not so longterm.