Reaction score
Whats this like? I drove the megane cup the other day and was impressed.

Has a loverly engine, and the car felt pretty light and nimble considering its size.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I drove a Megane Trophy round Brands Hatch in May. I thought it was excellent, I was really suprised.

It handles very nicely, not quite as nimble and responsive as the clio but not far off at all. Lots of grunt too, pulled very well out of the corners. Only annoying thing was having to leave the traction control on which really got in the way on track, seemed more sensitive than the clio.

If I had the need for a larger car, i'd definitely consider one, even with that arse on it.

Reaction score
Jill saw and heard a black Megane 225 the other day and i think she likes them now.

Sounded amazing with the zortst popping down the road. No idea what system as it shot by.

Is the megane trophy the same as the clio trophy? 500 individually numbered?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Renault say:

"indisputedly rare, since only 500 are currently planned worldwide."

They aren't numbered as far as i know, so who knows how many they will make. I think thats why they released the Cup version as everyone would want a Trophy as its so much better (i'm told). Same spec really, just a different colour :p

Reaction score
Nik,
I think that the Trophy version of the Megane 225 is indeed numbered, and it also gets the unique metallic grey paint.
Aside from that, it should be the same as the Cupped 225.

Cheers,
w

Reaction score
Yeah i liked the grey, i wonder why the clio was painted red. Would have looked nice in grey maybe?

Day

Reaction score
Jeremy if you are reading this...

The grey would of been so much nicer ;)

Reaction score
Day said:
Jeremy if you are reading this...

The grey would of been so much nicer ;)

I agree, I wanted a darkish metallic grey. However, in the time frame the choice was limited.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had been thinking about swapping the 172 for a 182 for a few months but the main reason stopping me was I wanted one in red. So the Trophy was perfect for me really great colour and great timing with its release :D

I've always wanted Renault to make the sport models available in the Hologram Grey colour available on the other clios, and the Meggy Trophy colour would have been great too.