Reaction score
Hi guys.
Been a busy few weeks so not been on for while!

I've been thinking about replacing the Clio, and amoung the current selection of contenders is the E39 M5. Yes, I know its a BMW... Wankers, no indicators blah blah etc, (I'd say the same..). They are a very good car, in all areas, and that's not really the point of this thread. The point is I seem to find myself wanting one in matt black.... :shock: I saw a matt black Maserati GranTurismo at a party in the summer and it looked amazing.. In a kinda "you've been pimped" way. #-o :?

I feel like I should hate the matt black thing, but I just love it!
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• matte_02.jpg
    matte_02.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 27
  • matte_08.jpg
    matte_08.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 41

is1

Reaction score
It looks like it's been prepped to be painted.
The novelty will wear off as well when it's covered in muck in our autumn/winter weather.

is1

Reaction score
Oh, I should add, I think the reason matt finishes look "OK" on supercars and the like (e.g. Focus RS500) is that they are supposed to be nuts AND SHOUT ABOUT THEM BEING SPECIAL SO EVERYONE LOOKS!!! The M5 is rather understated which is why it works in black, blue, silver etc.

Reaction score
It does look pretty; but.... I have a real, (illogical & non supportable - logically), dislike of Beemers........ Why an M5? there's a bag load of choice out there for those who wish to change up #-o

Reaction score
Don't all shout, moan, abuse and threaten to kill at once, but I've been wondering what the T would look like wrapped in matt black. Put some Trophy stickers back over the wrap and off you go. As it would be matt black the Turini's would suit it too. They don't seem to look that good when paired with gloss black.

I saw a new Mini in a matt wrap and a 500 Arbarth. Both looked pretty cool.

It doesn't seem to suit the big M5 though. Can't really say why. A new RS Focus would look pretty good though I think.

Reaction score
ive never really been a massive bmw fan, however im now driving a black 3series while the clio is covered up for the winter and its really grown on me. As for the matt black.. not too sure with the m5, cant make my mind up. I see a rs500 going up and down my road quite often and i think that looks and sounds amazing.

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Don't all shout, moan, abuse and threaten to kill at once, but I've been wondering what the T would look like wrapped in matt black. Put some Trophy stickers back over the wrap and off you go. As it would be matt black the Turini's would suit it too. They don't seem to look that good when paired with gloss black.

I saw a new Mini in a matt wrap and a 500 Arbarth. Both looked pretty cool.

It doesn't seem to suit the big M5 though. Can't really say why. A new RS Focus would look pretty good though I think.

Thought the same but with matt orange - guilty pleasure ...

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
It does look pretty; but.... I have a real, (illogical & non supportable - logically), dislike of Beemers........ Why an M5? there's a bag load of choice out there for those who wish to change up #-o
Go on...

Reaction score
It's not my cup of tea, however a E39 M5 certainly is, I looked at these before i replaced my Trophy with the R26, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one though, I do reasonable mileage and after working out realistic fuel costs over the month i decided against one:(

Reaction score
nickboazracing said:
eljeffo64 said:
Go on...
Give me a budget - I'll spend it wisely ;-)

Reaction score
I've allways wanted an E39 M5 in black but I think an M3 would probably be better unless you really want space in the back. Lots of m5's seem to have needed rebuilds which would put me off too as it's a scary thought. I guess the extra weight over a 3 would be enough to make them pretty evenly matched.
I'm really not keen on the matt black as it's really not that sort of car.

Reaction score
Lovely car, but matt black is certainly not a finish that is to my taste. I think that certain cars can pull it off, but the M5 is not one of them - the image on the previous page looks a bit too 'gangster' for my liking.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i thought about doing this to my 540 - decided against it as a mate says 'why turn a I want one car into a marmite car?'