Reaction score
Spoke to Mark yesterday as i'm keen to purchase some of his stuff in the next couple of months.

Whilst i was on the phone i thought it would be best to ask about a group buy - he seemed to think that 10% off would be ok for 10 confirmed orders. But im sure we could get something for 5 as well :wink:

Current prices are:

4 x Springs (-15-20mm): £205.63 inc. VAT

Rear Koni Adjustables (normal): £129.25 inc. VAT each
Rear Koni Adjustables (revalved): £188.00 inc. VAT each

Postage would be about £15. He can fit it all if required, but lets be honest, its not hard ...

If your interested, put your name below, would be looking to purchase at the end of the July.

1. Sir_Dave

Thanks
Dave

Reaction score
Re: Mark Fish Suspension

Am sure this has been mentioned a zillion times before, but what's the difference betwen his (normal) Koni's compared to what's standard?

+ Does it make sense to just replace the springs? Would this be a better road or track compromise?

Reaction score

marrow said:
Am sure this has been mentioned a zillion times before, but what's the difference betwen his (normal) Koni's compared to what's standard?

+ Does it make sense to just replace the springs? Would this be a better road or track compromise?

All the Koni dampers are adjustable, so you can dial in varying amounts of stiffness depending on your own preferances. The revalved ones simply allow you to go that little bit harder for track work ... i prefer the back end to be a bit more mobile, so being able to stiffen it all up would be ideal.

I personally would never replace just springs, they would be fine on the front, but the standard rear dampers would just be too soft for the poundage of the springs.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Damit. This came at a bad time as I'm currently purchasing a house. I will keep an eye on this thread though. :)

Reaction score
Right ok, so its £581.63 for the mf spec rear dampers + springs normally and £536.97 with the gb discount (+£15 postage) just to clarify? I'm in but i think we need a cut off so everyone can be confirmed in plenty of time to allow delivery at the end of july. Theres a lead time of a couple of weeks normally for the revalved dampers isn't there?
Russ

1. Sir_Dave
2. M3 Y RT

Reaction score
Discounts are to be confirmed, but initial conversation would suggest that 10% would be ok.

Think i'm going for the normal Koni's, but lead time on the revalved ones is 2-3 weeks.

Reaction score

Sir_Dave said:
marrow said:

All the Koni dampers are adjustable, so you can dial in varying amounts of stiffness depending on your own preferances. The revalved ones simply allow you to go that little bit harder for track work ... i prefer the back end to be a bit more mobile, so being able to stiffen it all up would be ideal.

I personally would never replace just springs, they would be fine on the front, but the standard rear dampers would just be too soft for the poundage of the springs.

If you replace all 4 springs you would uprate the dampers at the rear but not the front - suggesting the Sachs dampers can handle the increased poundage?

Reaction score
What's the advantage of the revalved ones over adjustables?

I'm not sure if I should go for revalved ones or standard.

4. Jamie

Reaction score
Jamie said:
What's the advantage of the revalved ones over adjustables?

I'm not sure if I should go for revalved ones or standard.

As above:

Could this please be kept as a group buy thread, theres plenty of topics on this kit elsewhere.

Reaction score
Dave, are we going to have a cut off date where we can then place the order with mark so us guys wanting the revalved dampers can have them in a reasonable time + organise front damper refurbs to tie in. Seems we have 6 on the list now, have updated below, please add if you want standard or revalved rears. If we said 1st week in july as a cut off then we could have the kits at the end of july as first mentioned. How is payment going to work, deposit first to have the dampers revalved or all paid at time of order or when they're ready to send out.
Russ

1. Sir_Dave (revalved rears)
2. M3 Y RT (revalved rears)
3. Blueseidboy
4. Jamie
5. Aarontrophy
6. harratt21trophy

Reaction score
end of July as originally stated would be better for me, but if its a case of a deposit first then the full balance at the end of July I could probably manage.

3. Blueseidboy (revalved rears)
4. Jamie
5. Aarontrophy
6. harratt21trophy

Reaction score
I spoke to Mark about 2 weeks ago and placed an order for Uprated springs and revalved Konis, He said it would take about 3 weeks for him to get them. So im going to give him a call and explain that im part of the group buy and get my 10% discount :D . Who ever leading on this can you make sure that he is aware of this too.

Cheers Guys

3. Blueseidboy (revalved rears)
4. Jamie
5. Aarontrophy
6. harratt21trophy
7.J90SCU (revalved rears and uprated springs)

Thanks

Reaction score
M3 Y RT said:
How is payment going to work, deposit first to have the dampers revalved or all paid at time of order or when they're ready to send out.

Absolutely no idea lol ... havent thought that far ahead :lol:

Lets fill the list up, then we can work out all the necessaries, would probably be phone up Mark individually & pay over the phone, whether that would be deposit initially, then full payment on delivery, or full payment up front im not sure ...

Reaction score
Rite guys ive spoken to Mark and expalined the intrest he has. He was very impressed. said if we get 10 we can all get 10% like sir dave said. He said would proberly take around 2-3 weeks of waiting time once deposit taken. The arrangment made from Mark was once 10 people want them for each person to ring up and leave a depoist of £100 and tell Mark they are part of the group buy. Once the deposit has been left he will get your suspension made (approx 2-3 weeks).

What we doing, wating until end of june as cut off.

Reaction score
J90SCU said:
The arrangment made from Mark was once 10 people want them for each person to ring up and leave a depoist of £100 and tell Mark they are part of the group buy. Once the deposit has been left he will get your suspension made (approx 2-3 weeks).

What we doing, wating until end of june as cut off.

This sounds like a decent enough idea, glad to see that people are all keen to get this sorted. I've updated the list though as i only want the normal Koni's. Its still a car that i'll be doing 25-30k a year in, & revalved ones would probably rattle my teeth loose :lol: :

1. Sir_Dave (normal rears & springs)
2. M3 Y RT (revalved rears & springs?)
3. Blueseidboy (revalved rears & springs?)
4. Jamie
5. Aarontrophy
6. harratt21trophy

Reaction score
So we still need to get another 3 people interested for the 10% off? I'm up for this asap so i assume once we have 10, people can just ring up and pay their deposit and recieve their bits 2/3 weeks afterwards regardless of whether its the end of july or before?
Russ

1. Sir_Dave (normal rears & springs)
2. M3 Y RT (revalved rears & springs)
3. Blueseidboy (revalved rears & springs?)
4. Jamie
5. Aarontrophy
6. harratt21trophy