BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I 'think' petrol conversions are 'greener' and I believe there cheaper to convert.
This is looking like a must for enthusiasts otherwise were going to be priced off the road. (or should i say TAXED off the road!)
With new cars being force to produce only 130g/km from factory, performace cars are screwed! Lets face it no one wants to buy an electric powered car anyways.

Reaction score
The BMW 123 D in manual form is very close to 130 and does 0-60 in 6.8 - 7.0 seconds which is not bad.

Reaction score
George K said:
The BMW 123 D in manual form is very close to 130 and does 0-60 in 6.8 - 7.0 seconds which is not bad.

Read the review of the 123d coupe in Performance Car this month - I have to say, I think they have a winner there - it's a great looking car and sounds like it's a good drive too..

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

That is good. glad to see ive been proved wrong!
Anyways im sure with the technology these days there will be a way round all this.

Personally (looking at the cost saving) I dont see the point in converting to gas as I think the government will hammer more tax on it to a point where it wouldnt be worth converting.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
saves £100 a year atleast in tax alone. then it's over half the cost of petrol/diesel - pays for itself in under two years.

Reaction score
I use LPG in my everyday car and would say go for that.

I certainly didn't convert my car for "Green" reasons,i converted to save me money.

And yes Tax/duty will rise on LPG but petrol and diesel are not going to get cheaper are they?
So if it takes 10 Years for LPG to cost what petrol/diesel cost now do you honestly think petrol/diesel won't have increased in cost aswell?

So by using LPG now i'll continue to save money and be able to drive a big V6/V8/modified turbo while everyone else changing there cars to small petrol and diesel engines.

One thing i would say though,if you do less than 12-14K miles stick to petrol/diesel.