MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Been almost a year you have been looking so the chances of actually getting one are very very slim to none IMO

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Because I want a low mileage car - It won't really get used, and I fancy a garage queen with low miles

Surly if you want a garage queen you would much rather keep the 11k Acid Yellow V6 that you have rather than have it for sale at £43K

After doing some research and web hunting it "seems" like you have been banned from an other forum for buying cars in cheap and then selling them on as a profit as a dealer.
This does not bother me as my trophy is A) Not standard B) Not got low milage that you want C) i would not sell to any trader as i know the mark up they make on cars & D) i would not be crazy enough to let one go in the first place.

Reaction score
Surly if you want a garage queen you would much rather keep the 11k Acid Yellow V6 that you have rather than have it for sale at £43K

After doing some research and web hunting it "seems" like you have been banned from an other forum for buying cars in cheap and then selling them on as a profit as a dealer.
This does not bother me as my trophy is A) Not standard B) Not got low milage that you want C) i would not sell to any trader as i know the mark up they make on cars & D) i would not be crazy enough to let one go in the first place.

Well, here we go again.

Yes, I am a dealer, but I am also a car collector/investor/enthusiast. I have the V6 in my collection, if it sells for the asking price, it goes. Simple.

I wasnt banned as such from the other forum you mention, I just used a loophole in their rules, which is now 'closed' and I am no longer a member. However, let's just get this point absolutely and brutally clear - I buy cars from private owners, the one thing in life that both a buyer and a seller know, is that when you can't agree on a price, the item doesn't sell. When I BUY a car, it's because the owner wants to sell it at that price, I am not forcing someone to sell it am I? Seriously, it's an incredibly narrow minded viewpoint that I am doing wrong by this, I am taking a gamble in buying the car, and quite simply, hoping I can turn a profit. Don't forget my £2500 a month overheads which I carry, and have done for a couple of years (I am only 24 at the end of the day), some cars can make a grand profit, some make more. I then lose roughly 30% of the profit through VAT and Corp tax, before it even gets into my pocket. I am running a company, buying cars from likeminded collectors who at fully aware how hard it can be to sell a low mileage collector car that not many people want, who wants to wait 2 months to sell their car when I can just take it the same day for within 10% of what they wanted anyway?

i want a Trophy because it is cheaper than my £44,000 V6.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh and just to add, because I've seen it posted on a few places, I have, and will never pretend to be a private buyer - Not sure why people have come to that conclusion, presumably because people think I have a better buying power being a private buyer? But no, I am always clear that I am a trade buyer, it gives me FAR more buying power because owners know I will turn up, do my checks nice and quickly and pay and drive off leaving a letter headed purchase invoice and a business card - Not kick tyres, be put off by a curbed wheel or due a service, because I know that, expect it, and paid accordingly. I can't think of a single time I have even haggled, I agree a price over the phone and jump on a train to fetch it. Sometimes I pay full price for the car in question, hardly unfair of me to buy it is it?

Anyone would think making a profit is a crime.

Reaction score
My only comment - £44k for a Clio V6! Madness no matter how rare the colour/spec IMO.

Reaction score
But you won't think it's madness when a low mileage Trophy starts to fetch 20k...

Reaction score
My only comment - £44k for a Clio V6! Madness no matter how rare the colour/spec IMO.

My v6 is available for £50K It's not madness, just how values have risen. Madness would be paying £20 for a can of beans in the 99p shop.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I will sell you my trophy in standard form, full service history with loads of genuine spare parts and 58k on the clock for £12k

Last edited:
Reaction score
What about if it was the last tin in the world that just happened to in a 99p shop?

I don't think the 99p shop would have the last tin. Some rare tins of beans collector would have it. Rare things cost a lot more. It's madness! but that's life.......