Reaction score
This happened to me for the second time tonight. The car was just about up to temparature and I was doing 70 down the dual carriageway and I suddenly loose all throttle response and the car just coasts along for about 10 seconds until it comes to life again. The engine stays running fine. It's just as if I've taken my foot off the accelerator, except I haven't and when I push the pedal harder nothing happens. Is this just a sticky throttle cable of something more serious? Anyone else experienced this?

thanks.

Reaction score
Sounds like a fly by wire problem ( no cable) - forget how it works on the T, is there a pot on the top end of the throttle pedal with the wiring connectors on it?

Reaction score
I'm not sure I haven't checked anything yet. Will have a look though. I thought it could maybe be the throttle body sticking also? There's no lights that come on the dash or anything, so whatever it is the car isn't registering it.

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give that a go today. Failing that I'll get it checked when its in for a service on Tuesday.

Reaction score
Should I be able to move the butterfly freely enough with my hand on the throttle body? Just wondering how I can tell without forking out for a new one to find out that's not it.

Reaction score
It's not showing a fault on the dash, or any lights either so I don't know if a fault reader will pick anything up. It's always worth a try though, thanks for the help!

Reaction score
It's not showing a fault on the dash, or any lights either so I don't know if a fault reader will pick anything up. It's always worth a try though, thanks for the help!

There can be codes stored that do not display a warning light on the dash, for example we had a misfire on a 55 plate 1.6 dynamique and the code reader showed a misfire on cylinder 3 but no warning lights on the dash at all.

Reaction score
I see! I didn't know that. Ill get it checked on Tuesday with the service. I know the guy that owns the garage an he always does diagnostics free for me so its no loss if it doesn't pick up anything.

Reaction score
As you tried lot to fix the problem but some times it happened that you cannot do that so just consult a good garage or a car care shop. i think this is problem with the engine just check it out.