Looking to buy A* condition Trophy within the next 2 weeks.

Reaction score
The sale of my Leon Cupra should be going through by next weekend and then I will be able to buy a Trophy anytime after that.

I will be willing to pay the right money for an excellent example but must have low-mileage, no chips, scratches, must be perfect. Since I cant really travel all over the UK to look at cars I would require the RAC do a full inspection on the car, the seller must be ok with that.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has such a car they are looking to sell.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you cant really go wrong with a trophy.

1. they are only 18 months old at worst
2. you can get a lot of background info on the car if its reg'd on here - track use, mods etc.
3. most have been loved as they are or rather will be a legendary car. same bracket as the rs2000, origional golf, 205 gti etc.

Reaction score
seadragon - there is a Trophy for sale at Renault Watford - noticed it this morning. Price is £12995, car looked immaculate (covered in morning dew) and looks to have tints all round.

Might be worth a test drive to confirm it's what you want and see what they'll do for price :?:

Reaction score
Mind you another Yorkshire independent dealer has a car up at £12795. Having driven one back last night late I think they should just stick at about £12000 for good. After all, a Sierra RS 500 Cosworh in original cond and sensible miles is still worth £20000 so they haven't depreciated in 18 years.

Reaction score
allvehicles said:
Mind you another Yorkshire independent dealer has a car up at £12795. Having driven one back last night late I think they should just stick at about £12000 for good. After all, a Sierra RS 500 Cosworh in original cond and sensible miles is still worth £20000 so they haven't depreciated in 18 years.

as the largest independent seller of used Trophy's if you keep your prices at 11995 we might all be onto a winner!

Reaction score
A noble idea until my cars are up against other peoples, but you never know!

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have been in touch with Steve at Allvehicles, prices pretty good I would say, might take a drive down there on Sat.

Keep those emails coming

Thanks guys,

S

Reaction score
seadragon said:
Thanks guys, I have been in touch with Steve at Allvehicles, prices pretty good I would say, might take a drive down there on Sat.

Keep those emails coming

Thanks guys,

S

I bought mine from Steve, along with 23 other Trophy owners (is that right Steve?) and I can recommend him very highly. He really knows his stuff and isn't just punting them out because they sell, he really likes them and is a true enthusiast, and he takes anything in part exchange as long as it's not an 18 year old 205 GTI. :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks for the nod Steve, 182Trophy might dispute the "anything in p/x" as I have not managed to do that with the TT...The tally of Trophy sales is you plus 22 For now.. You noticed though that buying the 205 did cross my mind :D

Reaction score
Well hopefully I can make it 24 Steve, I am quite excited to get my hands on a Trophy, I just hope the buyer of my Cupra doesnt let me down. See you this weekend.

Reaction score
Hi there, I called the Renault Watford about the Trophy for 12995. It has 4025 miles. It is about 1k more then the next expensive one I have seen.

Do you guys think this is too much to pay. According to the dealer the car is immaculate except for a small stone chip on the front and also has special 'TrOPHY' mats.

I havent made up my mind at all as I want to go to Allvehicles and see Steve but just want to know what you thought.

Reaction score
It seems like a reasonable price to pay, especially from a dealer.

Reaction score
Its probably right from a Renault dealer although personally I'd save myself a grand and go to allvehicles or wait for a private car to come up.
There are a few about the only problem is where they are...always miles from home :x

Reaction score
seadragon said:
Hi there, I called the Renault Watford about the Trophy for 12995. It has 4025 miles. It is about 1k more then the next expensive one I have seen.

Do you guys think this is too much to pay. According to the dealer the car is immaculate except for a small stone chip on the front and also has special 'TrOPHY' mats.

I havent made up my mind at all as I want to go to Allvehicles and see Steve but just want to know what you thought.

i can vouch the car looks immaculate as i saw it yesterday, i'll have another look tomorrow when i pick my car back up. couldn't see the mats, although it's a local car - reg is KF55 ZGW. also has tints, looks like all round as well