Looking for a nice Trophy...

Reaction score
I appreciate these posts become a little tiresome but would much rather buy a car off an owners forum than a trader so worth asking.

Currently have a Williams and looking to add a Trophy for track days and weekend blasts.

Will buy on condition so open to all cars if they've been well maintained.

Based in Cheshire and after walking past a local Trophy to me most weekends I've decided I have to own one.

Much appreciated,

Simon

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I appreciate these posts become a little tiresome but would much rather buy a car off an owners forum than a trader so worth asking.

Currently have a Williams and looking to add a Trophy for track days and weekend blasts.

Will buy on condition so open to all cars if they've been well maintained.

Based in Cheshire and after walking past a local Trophy to me most weekends I've decided I have to own one.

Much appreciated,

Simon

I second that .. Car #037 has been a well looked after and cared for car .. It'd be a cracking buy for what you want ..

Reaction score
Thanks for the messages, I may have to sell the Williams to keep the wife happy!

Mikey, Ideally I'm after a totally original car, i fully appreciate the mods will only enhance the car but I've always been an OEM man and its the cams etc that just put me off as i'm not mechanically minded.

Reaction score
Cams don't make that much difference, it just a bit more poke, there is nothing that I have done to that can not be returned to oem, and even at 2nd hand values for the parts that are non oem, you could nearly make £1k just selling the parts off

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cams don't make that much difference, it just a bit more poke, there is nothing that I have done to that can not be returned to oem, and even at 2nd hand values for the parts that are non oem, you could nearly make £1k just selling the parts off
In my opinion it would be a shame to return it to OEM. I think your OEM+ modifications suit the car well and only serve to enhance what is already there.

I've been trying to encourage my missus to buy it! I think she loves her Type-R too much though, and after the grief she's had to put up with in terms of my whinging / moaning about my own car... I think she's had enough! :p

Reaction score
Thanks for the messages, I may have to sell the Williams to keep the wife happy!

Mikey, Ideally I'm after a totally original car, i fully appreciate the mods will only enhance the car but I've always been an OEM man and its the cams etc that just put me off as i'm not mechanically minded.

If you decide to sell the Williams let me know

Reaction score
Will do. My current thinking is if I can find a low mileage Trophy then I'll sell the Williams to fund it or keep the Williams and buy a higher mileage Trophy.

Reaction score
Keep the Williams and have a good condition higher mileage trophy would be good. Best of both and your be able to drive the trophy harder and more often with out the worry of sticking mileage on it and lossing money from putting miles on it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Keep the Williams and have a good condition higher mileage trophy would be good. Best of both and your be able to drive the trophy harder and more often with out the worry of sticking mileage on it and lossing money from putting miles on it.

Exactly..

MC1

Reaction score
Sold my Williams 2 for £850 in 2007, should have kept it....still it did have 265k miles [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Still on the lookout, a few have caught my eye but interested to know if anyone is looking for a change. Thanks, Simon

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just a matter of being patient, I'm a little surprised more have not appeared as people cotton on and cash in.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think more and more of them are owned by people that are looking to keep them long term

I wouldn't part with mine for any price now to be honest. It might just be "a car" but I don't need the money so I'll keep it forever if I can. Hopefully I'll still be hooning around in it as an OAP thirty years from now!

Reaction score
I think more and more of them are owned by people that are looking to keep them long term

I wouldn't part with mine for any price now to be honest. It might just be "a car" but I don't need the money so I'll keep it forever if I can. Hopefully I'll still be hooning around in it as an OAP thirty years from now!

That's quite likely.....looking at the age survey most of us are nearing that age already !