Reaction score
currently in the process of fitting an maxogen ik, which requires the front left wheel to come off, however having a nightmare trying to get the locking nut off even with the correct attachment/key, just wandering if theres a certain way off doing it or is it the same as any other nut? thanks for any help

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
what's the problem, just stiff? are you using the standard wrench or a torque wrench?

be careful not to strain it too much, the locking nuts are fragile. If/when you do get it off clean it, dry it and put a little grease on it before screwing it back on - if the wheel hasn't been off for a while, the heat and natural rotation of the wheel could have tightened it a bit too much, plus alloy wheels are not good as the can bond to wheel nuts because of the heat.

The correct torque setting is 105 nm .

Reaction score
LOL That lockers are notoriously fragile. I buggered up one of mine just by looking at it lol. Had to get it off by force , ie, hitting with a big drift. Dump them alltogether I'd say.

Reaction score
just using the normal brace u get with the 182, its so annoying as i cant progress with fitting the maxogen, going to try again now and hopefully i will resolve the problem or i can see mr hammer coming out, thanks for your replys.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd remove it anyway, better now than when it's peeing down at night when you have a puncture, i'd never use the bathroom sealant stuff they tell is good......

Reaction score
so is it possible to get the wheel arch liner off and to get to the vaccum control solenoid, just by turning the wheel all way to the left? coz i cant get my wheel off due to the locking nut been tightened to much by the previous owner and consequently shearing. so need to get them replaced, again many thanks for any responses.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it looks like Steve did but i wouldn't like to try it especially without stands.

PS bad luck with the locking nut :(

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reno did mine under warranty, had to argue with the service manager for 10 mins but I said it was metal fatigue that caused it - they couldn't prove it wasn't so gave in..... may work for you to get it done for free..