Reaction score
Ignore them, and put some space between you if it is legal and safe to do so. I've already seen more of it in the Trophy than in any of my other cars. Goes with the territory I suppose - every kid in a hatch expects me to be up for a race!

Reaction score
This is an interesting thread, I've not yet had anything like this, though I have had someone kick my wing mirror in, luckily causing no visible damage. The local boy racers tend to try to egg me on. Also, if i overtake someone I get flashed regardless of how safe it is. I dare say if you were to own a ctr, 106 gti, cooper s etc and overtake, it'd be the same though. People associate hatches with boy racers unfortunately.

Reaction score
Luckily I haven't had any violent encounters like this, my old 205 gti attracted the wrong kind of attention, but also the right kind. People generally seemed to know what it was, where as the Trophy is only really held in high esteem by the enthusiasts. I find the worst situations are in narrower roads where there are the idiots that deliberately swerve right just as you are about to pass. You end up driving in the verge!

Having a problem with being overtaken is such a British thing. Our roads are full of those who think everyone needs to drive in sequence and form an orderly queue behind anything slow, despite having no intention of overtaking themselves. I found driving on the roads of Australia, and especially New Zealand, an entirely different attitude. People will actually stop and pull over to immediately allow quicker cars to pass. It's polite and courteous, and ultimately leads to less country roads crashes I'd imagine.

Unfortunately, the national psyche in this country is at fault!