less williams on the road due to new scrappage sceme?

Reaction score
ive been reading the news and found out that the goverment has gone ahead with the car scrappage sceme, this will enable motorists with there car 10 years or older to trade it in and get 2k off a brand new set of wheels. i fear that some williams owners might go ahead with it and trade in there pride and joy and be sent to be crushed. im hoping people wont do this as the clio williams is one of the best hot hatches ever made, and there arnt many on the roads as it is, we dont want it to be extinct. im even thinking of buying one in the near future to go with the t. what are your thoughts on this and could you see trading in your williams for a newer car?

Reaction score
Anybody thinking of doing this get in touch with me :wink: or if you got a 106 S1 rallye :wink:

Hopefuly people will use their common sense with 'classics' although I doubt a lot will though #-o

Reaction score
I personally think that £2000 isn't really enough to convince most out of an old car. What people are forgetting, is that people are driving these 10+ y/o cars for a reason. Because they can't afford a new car. Even chopping in against something cheap is still going to leave them needing to find £4-5k, which to someone with no secure job is a lot of money.
So i wouldn't worry too much yet!

Reaction score
I also think you'd be basically loosing all your bartering powers too, which in most cases outweighs your 'free' £2000

Reaction score
don't worry about it, if you owned a williams and it was only worth 2k or less, you'd sell it and buy a £50 banger and trade that in instead, then you'd have almost 4k towards your new car. Down side to this though is that nearly all cars will have a minimum value of 2k, now this affect those who can't afford a 2k car too start with.

The goverment's lost the plot and this new offering just confirms it [-X

Chris

Reaction score
You need to have owned the car for over a year, and the sceme stops in march. So it shouldn't affect values in that way.