BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Arrived Today.

Cant wait to fit them and test them out.
Ill fit them before the weekend.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 023.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 023.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 025.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 025.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 026.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 026.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 027.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 027.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 029.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 029.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Re: Koni Adjustable rear Shocks

Whats the benefit of these over standard?

Reaction score

Hey Ben

Splashing some cash there mate !

Are you also changing the springs to MF ones? Should be a well setup car when its all back together :)

Me jealous :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

They are a better match for the front Dampers.

They are Firmer, Adjustable, and should give better road holding. The beauty of them is when you adjust the front dampers to a firmer setting you can also adjust the rears to match.

Shiftspark, Im not going to get the lowering spring this time, Spent enough already :lol: I may do in time tho.

Reaction score

Worth it for road use? And how much?

BenG said:
They are a better match for the front Dampers.

They are Firmer, Adjustable, and should give better road holding. The beauty of them is when you adjust the front dampers to a firmer setting you can also adjust the rears to match.

Shiftspark, Im not going to get the lowering spring this time, Spent enough already :lol: I may do in time tho.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Worth it for road use? And how much?

Probably best not to buy them for just road use. Im not sure how firm they will be on the softest setting yet but ill let you know once ive fitted them. Personally I can live with firm suspension so im not that bothered.
They were £200 mate, from Motorsportworld.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Just got these too...

Just need to fit the shocks and get the geometry sorted them im done. At last ! :D Well as far as the suspension is concerned.

Attachments

• Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 041.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 041.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 044.jpg
    Koni Adjustable rear Shocks 044.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score

Really looking forward to hearing what you think of these fitted. As soon as I turn my fronts past about 26 clicks they start to feel unbalanced with the rear! I've been considering changing mine recently. :D

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Really looking forward to hearing what you think of these fitted. As soon as I turn my fronts past about 26 clicks they start to feel unbalanced with the rear! I've been considering changing mine recently.

Well hopefully I will be able to give them a test this weekend but it all depends on the weather and if the roads are dry.
+ I dont want to start hooning it round corners until I get the geometry setup correctly. The addition of stm's may have knocked it out slightly, although even now the handling has never been this good ! Its a totally different car already.

A track day would be the best test obviously but I should get a good idea of how they perform under some hard cornering.

Ive noticed that with the front dampers being serviced and the addition of stm's the front of the car now feels very stiff and tight. It makes good sense to stiffen up the rear also.
When steering from left to right sharply the front end has little roll where as the rear has more roll, it does feel 'slightly' unbalanced.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Cadwell park is on the 27th march...........

Wish I could afford it. My insurance is up in March, and I have not uprated my brake fluid yet either.

I might break my track day virginity at the FCS this year ! :D

Reaction score

Hopefully we'll get some decent weather soon... :?

I went to FCS last year but found it was a bit frustrating. Too much traffic!! It would be usefull for trying damper settings though.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

I went to FCS last year but found it was a bit frustrating. Too much traffic!! It would be usefull for trying damper settings though.

Yeah I noticed the track was quite busy last year. Expensive for 30 mins too.
I cant wait to take the Trophy on track :D. I would like to have a passenger ride in the Trophy round track to get an idea of what to expect on a trackday and maybe learn some tips etc. or any car really...

I think ill get an instructor in with me the first time to give me some tips.

Ajr

Reaction score

The konis look nice, i do need to do my rears at some point in the near future really although it feels ok at the moment.

Spunked £580 on genuine renault cambelt kit fitted & the aux belt tensioner was seized so had a new renault full aux belt kit too(only 9k after renault did an "aux belt service" bastards) And £477 for the damper refurb, plus fuel to drive to silverstone and back twice and portsmouth and back. Spent over £1100 on the trophy in a week :(

Car shows are crap for track time. If you're not up for a full day a half day on track is great! Saying that i always end up doing full days, or spending 4+ days at the ring! Couldn't put my trophy through that though, i love it too much!

Reaction score

BenG said:

Yeah I noticed the track was quite busy last year. Expensive for 30 mins too.
I cant wait to take the Trophy on track :D. I would like to have a passenger ride in the Trophy round track to get an idea of what to expect on a trackday and maybe learn some tips etc. or any car really...

I think ill get an instructor in with me the first time to give me some tips.

Next time I do a track day you can have a passenger ride no probs... I'm no instructor tho !

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

That would be cool ! :D. Thanks

If you were doing a full day I could drive mine in the afternoon, I would know what to expect then, I could give you a passenger ride ! but dont forget your brave pills :wink:.

Do you mainly go to Oulton Park, its nearest to you isnt it ? I think my nearest track is either that or Croft.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Cadwell, croft or Oulton are the only ones anywhere near you and cadwelll is a good 2.5hrs min id have thought.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Ye I think Croft and Oulton are both 2 hours away. Not too bad though.

I think the Trophy would feel more at home at Oulton than Croft ?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.

yes, croft was bit..... uninteresting compared to Oulton, although this could be because the marshals were told to limit everyone's speed as it was wet, which didn't go down to well with several of us that are fairly experienced on the track.

Having said that one of the motorschool cars was flipped by someone dicking around/showing off which could have quite easily have killed the driver.... As i was only 4 cars behind them i'd say it was the drivers lack of skill not anything else that caused it.