Reaction score
i've got my 182 cup booked into K-tec next week for a janspeed/K-tec sports exhaust - i'm also really tempted by their "stage 1 tuning package" on offer for under £250 from £380 - has anyone else had it done? :?

seems a shame to undertake a 5 hour round trip & not make the best of it

Reaction score
I presume thats just a remap?

If so I probably wouldn't bother. I've had the RS Tuning remap and if i'm honest you can't really tell any difference other than the rev limiter being a touch higher.

Spend the money on fuel driving the T on great roads :)

Reaction score
I did exactly that: got Ktec to fit a cat back system, an ITG filter and a remap. It doesn't "feel" amazingly different but three things I notice:

1 The motor is stronger below 5k with the typical surge of power after 5k less evident.
2 Driven normally on the road it shows 37 mpg!
3 On track it is consistantly quicker than either a friends standard Trophy and a new 200 cup.

Is it a good use of "tuning" cash?, who knows; I'm not unhappy - cheaper than any mod I might want to on my Porker...

Ktec have a new Dyno on site now - you could do a before and after measurement before you pay them :)

Reaction score
cheers guys

I think on balance, i will stick to the exhaust for the time being. I like the 5K kick as it gives the car much of its character and wouldn't want it lessened at the mo'. BTW, they do offer a pre & post remap dyno run as part of the price so any gains would be evident on paper at least.

If I get the chance to take it round Combe on a more regular basis, then i'll go back for more tweakage :)

Reaction score
Wise choice - they are not far away so you can do more very easily when you fancy it; plus it will cost you no more ( wonder why they don't do a package price deal??)