Reaction score
The JMS Engine Works

- The Engine Works is the evolution of the popular JMS Tuning Stages.
- It is the essential choice for people looking for more punch from their standard car.
- It comprises of the essential modifications we have tried and tested too extract as much performance increase as possible from a standard car in a single highly affordable package.
- For the best results from the following work we recommend a decat or high flow sports cat to also be fitted to the car.
- Each of the parts are avaliable separately, please contact us for more information.

The following work increases the measurable output of torque & BHP from a MK2 RS, however the peak figures are not the whole story. The car becomes far sharper, with a cleaner, stronger throttle response and a far more effective power delivery. The 5k surge so common in the near standard vehicles is nigh on removed as the cars low & mid range RPM delivers far superior performance, matched with a considerable increase in peak power output.

Try before you buy is also avaliable; just send us a email / PM or give us nudge at a meet and we will happily give you a ride in the JMS cars to allow you to make up your own mind.

- The package includes the following:

- JMS & Fastchip Performance ECU Calibration.
- JMS Induction Setup.
- JMS Hand ported upper & lower manifold .

- More info

****JMS & Fastchip Performance ECU Calibration****

Working with Henk @ Fastchip we can provide you a carefully designed JMS remapping solution for the RS Clio MK2 Ph1/Ph2 cars.

The benefits of the remap on a 172/182:
- Increased power and torque gain throughout the rev range.
- Massively improved low and mid range power delivery, creating a smoother power curve.
- Significantly sharper throttle response at all RPMs.
- Improved economy under motorway & 'normal' driving.
- Slightly raised RPM limiter to make the most of the upper RPM power.
- Removes flat spots that can often occur after modifications such as decats.
- Maximises on the cars potential if allied with other common modifications such as exhausts/induction/matched inlets.

Seperate service here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=470384

****JMS Induction Setup****

The induction setup is available in the following two formats:

- The Road Package
Supplied with a single Pipercross road orientated filter, that requires minimal maintenance.
- The Race Package
Supplied with a Pipercross road filter and a race orientated filter. The race filter provides maximum performance, but requires more frequent re-oiling with the dust retention spray provided. It is designed specifically for track days.

Both kits include the following:

- Filter Housing.
- JMS 90 degree constant radius 3 Ply Silicon bend.
- Pipercross Breather filter
- Pipercross Dust Retention Spray
- Installation, advice & maintenance Manual

Seperate service here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=476869

Package parts (race):

****JMS hand ported upper & lower manifold****

- Matched upper and lower inlets
- Complete set of new OE RenaultSport Inlet Gaskets.

The hand machined inlets remove the poorly cast standard porting between the upper and the lower inlet, and between the lower inlet and the engine.

The upper & lower inlets are are carefully matched to one another increasing overall diameter and the accuracy of the mated surfaces; subsequently improving high speed air flow. The lower inlet is then also carefully machined to match to the head.

We provide the inlets on an exchange basis (new for old) with your standard items.

Seperate service here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=485186

Standard Lower Vs JMS Ported Lower

- Performance Figures

Coming soon.

- Prices & options

All prices are fully fitted in our Uxbridge based workshop for:

RS PH1 & PH2 with Aircon (Race Induction) - £540.00
RS PH2 'Cup' without aircon (Race Induction) - £520.00

RS PH1 & PH2 with Aircon (Road Induction) - £520.00
RS PH2 'Cup' without aircon (Road Induction) - £500.00

Any questions please email us at info@jmstuning.co.uk for a prompt reply!

Tom, James & Dan
JMS Tuning

Just thought i should make you all aware, got a mate whos just had this done he is a very happy chappy. hoping to get this done, soon. :)

as a final note they also offer a pops and bangs tunning pack :lol: which i think is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsGdx6WbBo

Attachments

• airbox5.jpg
    airbox5.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IS_4.jpg
    IS_4.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 174
  • S1053188.jpg
    S1053188.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 146
Reaction score
Do you reckon you get to keep the rs tuner so that you can use it as an OBD light turner off thingy?

Reaction score
na its not a plug and play tuner, its a big computer thing with all sorts of maps they add what you got and run that.
so its completely custom.

Reaction score
Cheers Sam. Whats the pop and bang tunning package lol.

if it sounds what i think it is :wink:

Which package did you get mate, and how much did it set you back. Also where are they based?

Sorry for all questions

Joe

Reaction score
well here we go kids.

at last getting some pictures up of 264 as she stands after seeing James Stone. enjoy and please comment.

Attachments

• IMG00101-20100317-1312.jpg
    IMG00101-20100317-1312.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG00102-20100317-1312.jpg
    IMG00102-20100317-1312.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG00105-20100317-1314.jpg
    IMG00105-20100317-1314.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 119
Reaction score
You could eat you food of that!!! Nice job mate, have you noticed much of a difference since having the JMS work done?

Reaction score
cheers mate.
yes big difference, and im not talking... i got a new air filter that i spent way to much money on so i want to feel a change, im talking holy shit, why didnt it do this when i bought it?

Reaction score
Looks good that mate. I contacted JMS the other day, im looking at getting my car done sometime in next few months

Reaction score
depending on how much it costs i will prob be going for the JMS engine works and might be temped to get the overrun map (pop and bang) Lol. Not quite sure yet.

I wanted to supercharge the t in jan next year but the engine internals are not strong enough for boost ect. dont realy fancy spending 6k on supercharger and uprated bottem end to get 245 bhp. Id rather keep the t and save money to get a turbo car.

Im going to get mark fish lowering springs and mark fish koni adjustable dampers for rear in next few months too mate. ive got few plans :wink:

How different would you say your car sounds to how it was oignal

Thanks