Reaction score
OEM springs are normally too stiff.

Most DC5 owners swap the OEM items out for Spoon or Eibach Progressive springs & then they are very very good.

There will be a hell of a lot of aftermarket solutions for the FD2, infact I think there are more than a few on offer already.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no 5 door only, which is good imo, Trophy if you don't need 5 doors, JDM Civic if you do. M5 Estate if you need a people carrier :)

Reaction score
Couple of my mates work on a ship told me you could get a container on their ship for 1000 then plus 12000 for car = 13000 is that how it works?

Or will i get nailed on tax?

Apart from this crazy idea above I think I will go with Cue's idea or get Evo 260 55 plate - 13-14 k.

Reaction score
Yes, I could run to an M5 Touring if I needed to chuck the dogs in the back... :lol:

FD2 is a four door saloon, no tailgate. (EDIT - this is bollocks, I've just checked and it is indeed a five door hatchback) If you want three doors buy a new DC5 (you can still import them with only delivery miles on), a couple of mods and it's quicker and lighter than an FD2 anyway.

George - it's not all about Power/Weight, the FD2 has an extra 45bhp (at least) over the Trophy so even though the power/weight is not a lot greater, the acceleration over about 50mph will really show, the VTEC allows a really even spread of torque across a wide rev range too, The B18C6 in the UK DC2 for instance has 135 ft lbf at 7300rpm but gives 125 of this as low as 3500rpm, which is only halfway to the VTEC point.

Reaction score
Steve, I totally agree that above 60 mph power to weight gives way to power/CDA - but as I mentioned the Autocar test only showed 1 second gain 0-100 mph between JDM and UK version.

Reaction score
JDM Civic or DC5 I still think they are expensive compared to what you would pay if we lived in Japan!!

Love to have a competitive challenge on the twists with a DC5, to see whether it is as good as is said.