Reaction score
theo said:
marky-p said:
theo said:
Looking forward to the iminent arrival of my 2 wheeled summer toy :D Not a gixxer tho.

What is it?

Getting an R6. Going to look at one tomorrow if all goes to plan. lol.

How do you find the scorpion can by the way. looks quite neat.

Quite loud, and that's with the road legal baffles in. I don't exactly know how many decibels it puts out so whether it's trackday friendly we'll have to see.

Reaction score
StevieH said:
Lukes right,

when you go on a track day an instructor will lead you around for your first 2/3 laps then they are around all day to offer any tips or advice should you need it.

Get on track and give it some you will be amazed at how far you can push a modern bike.

The one thing I find at TD's are people, who are afraid to use the front brake and they normally get to the end of a straight don't think they can slow enough then just run straight on.

So get to know the limits of your brakes and you'll be sorted.

The superbike schools are supposed to be really good but think I would rather spend the £1400-1600 pounds it would cost to levels1 to 4 on a years worth of track days at various UK circuits.

BSP_3089.jpg

If only the weather would improve :(

Yeah, I remember when we had sun back in the day :(

Reaction score
marky-p said:
theo said:
[quote="marky-p":usm3tifd]
theo said:
Looking forward to the iminent arrival of my 2 wheeled summer toy :D Not a gixxer tho.

What is it?

Quite loud, and that's with the road legal baffles in. I don't exactly know how many decibels it puts out so whether it's trackday friendly we'll have to see.[/quote:usm3tifd]

Yeh i had heard the Scorpion cans are quite loud with the bafles in. I know some arent track friendly.

I am looking for a road and track friendly can for the R6. Was looking at an Ackropovic but i need to do a bit more research first i think.

Reaction score
theo said:
marky-p said:
theo said:
[quote="marky-p":38qhnhlq]
theo said:

What is it?

Quite loud, and that's with the road legal baffles in. I don't exactly know how many decibels it puts out so whether it's trackday friendly we'll have to see.

Yeh i had heard the Scorpion cans are quite loud with the bafles in. I know some arent track friendly.

I am looking for a road and track friendly can for the R6. Was looking at an Ackropovic but i need to do a bit more research first i think.[/quote:38qhnhlq]

Good luck :D