Reaction score
No probs, i didnt see point in mapping or new chip to car as yet itg kit seems to have done what i wished for moment, and mapping wasnt a drastic increase either for same outlay...

np

Reaction score
As for performace per pound, I reckon a decat and cat back exhaust system would give you similar gains for similar cash, the only way to get much better gains through an exhaust system is to fit a new manifold, and then the cost of the exhaust is way higher than the ITG kit.

cant think why u would want to change the manifold :?:
decat and full 2,5 inch exhaust from the manifold back and im sure ud see alot better performance than u do change'n the filter ,

dont get me wrong roger it does look a nice bit of kit :D

Reaction score
No worries my man im delighted with it my end as I say engine def seems even throughout rev band now and whilst low down noise/echo there as it rumbles into life overall very impressed

cant see me doing mapping or exhausts to it as not my cuppa tea..but maybe little notros bottle in boot be handy !!

rodger
:D

Reaction score
Thanks Rodger, great site. Lots of interesting things to get done - brake pad upgrade, the carbon air filter box you've had done, the sports cat plus stainless steel exhaust, roll cage. Basically plenty to make the Trophy even more of a weapon on track.... Thanks again !

Reaction score
decat and full 2,5 inch exhaust from the manifold back and im sure ud see alot better performance than u do change'n the filter

I guess we will have to agree to disagree Catas :D I have never seen an exhaust company who would claim gains of a lot better than 7hp from end of manifold back, well not on a naturally aspirated car anyway.

I don't know why I am arguing this point anyway as I want to do both induction and exhaust mods to my Trophy when the time is right :wink:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Difficult to say really as the car was hardly run in at the time, so any improvement could be just the car getting looser. Main thing you notice is more of an induction whistle from it at high revs.

Reaction score
guess we will have to agree to disagree Catas I have never seen an exhaust company who would claim gains of a lot better than 7hp from end of manifold back, well not on a naturally aspirated car anyway
---------
;)

i would still doubt the fact of the induction kit giving a gain 7hp , but it might i have never tried it , and will probably never as i vowed to never add performance parts or uprate from standard on a car ever again after the money my other toy sooks ,and u could say im thinking the same as i would for a turbocharged car which maybe wrong :wink:

Reaction score
I ram mine to manchester today big yin..600 miles all in and must say doesnt half llift now with induction kit..small reverbrance then goes like stick nearly scared myself a few times lol

def improvement over engine breathing , maybe not power but breathing helps engine be more busssy

rodger