Reaction score
I fitted or had fitted the ITG induction kit to my cat last week and not had muchchance to try it out however had a small run today and must say makes very noticeable differance in the car revving out from 3k onwards..the flat spot between 4 and 5.5k seems to have totally disapeared and engine revs out better..even had engine cut out cutting in few times loll

bit dear id thought but def differance in engine characteristics

Lot meatier noise also internally in the car

rodger :D

Reaction score
Sorry chap I was being facetious (your original mail said cat, not car)... I do know what you are talking about... honest!

Reaction score
hi Roger , seen ur car at ecosse last friday ,was it on the rollers there ???
or was it just in the rr booth getting the filter fitted ?
although the filter looks good in the carbon and makes the car sound more of a growler i very much doubt there would be any performance gains ......

Reaction score
Hi my man hope well, yes it was fitted then, its give u 7 bhp more on rr and increases the torque by about the same ..but def helps smoothness of engine throughout rev band.

Ill give u shot my man if wished u can try it yourself ur end when urs is ran in or ready for a good blast

rodger :D

Reaction score
what revs did it make that figure ?
so without the filter it made 148bhp @wheels ?
thats only 5bhp more than the cup made on the rollers in standard form not much difference really from 172 to 182

Attachments

• digital photos 020.jpg
    digital photos 020.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 1,366

Day

Reaction score
=CatasTrophy= said:
thats only 5bhp more than the cup made on the rollers in standard form not much difference really from 172 to 182
The F4R engine should get better over time don't forget - barely run in so far :D

Reaction score
ive got the print out in garage ill get em tomorrow give u revs etc, gotta remember engine i tight still also and that is to front wheels not at crank, ive only said off top of my head it was maybe 157 but it is to wheels figure

the kit gave it approx 7 bhp more as well as same in torque gain, but car does feel more free and even all the way through the rev band now as opposed to dead as a dodo at 4k till 5.5k which i found with mine ..its now pretty buzzy wee thing although not had much chance in the dry as u know with current weather. ive got good run on friday to manchester so well see how she goes down motorway at good constant speed ..ill prob get deafed now lolllllll

rodger

Reaction score
ps yes i was told engine will get better and may take till around 7000 miles till maximum power is obtained, by renault mechanice and a few others

Reaction score
Yes pretty dear but its the carbon fibre i guess its light as anythign and when compare it to origianl must be good 2 kg differance

ill let ya see it anytime if wished my man

rodger

Reaction score
once ive got a few miles on mine and its revving a bit more freely ill get it on the same rollers i had the cup on , the cup made peak power around 6.5k revs as u can see by the graph , will be interested to see how the trophy does ....

personnaly id have used that cash uve spent on the filter towards a new exhaust system where it would make a better gain in performance for the pound :wink:

Reaction score
A CF induction kit sounds like just the sort of mod to do - harmless but beneficial. Where did you get it from rodger ? I've done a search on google and not found anything for the Trophy...

Reaction score
Reckon the ITG induction kit is propbably the best kit on the market, it maybe expensive but you pay for what you get :D

More info can be found at http://www.itgairfilters.com/maxogensys ... ogen&ID=19, I guess as the Trophy's engine is the same as the std 182's, the 182 kit will go straight onto the Trophy - no need to look for something specific to the Trophy.

As for performace per pound, I reckon a decat and cat back exhaust system would give you similar gains for similar cash, the only way to get much better gains through an exhaust system is to fit a new manifold, and then the cost of the exhaust is way higher than the ITG kit.

Rodger, I have heard that decent induction kits can make Clio's run lean in the higher rev range, you gonna get yours chipped as well to make sure the AFR is spot on?

Reaction score
speaking of ITG does anyone have the straight swap panel filter they do?