Reaction score
Hi All,

may have been already covered however I was looking into what the best ipod/aux would be appropriate for the trophy.

Where best to buy with link please. :)

Thanks

Alan Brock

Reaction score
Stick this item number in the eBay search bar. 171343462685

I bought one of those but it depends on what head unit you have, mine says update list on the bottom right of the front panel, if yours is the same, this will work. If it says something else (can't remember what the other type's called) then you need something different.

Fetch the head unit out with 4 mini screwdrivers stuck in the holes and this cable plugs into the cd changer slot. I then thread mine down below the cup holders and up through the light hole in the ashtray, then just leave my phone plugged in and in the cup holders.

You also need to active the aux mode which I think is default off, it was off on mine anyhow. You can do this by going into the advanced settings on the head unit, think you hold down the menu button or something.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Just checked stereo and it's the right type to take the mod.

thanks

Reaction score
Nice clear question and answer! Perfect for us lurkers! Ordered one (as there's only so long I can put up with CDs rattling in the door card) :up:

Reaction score
Just bought one of these leads from ebay, so hopefully should work on any Trophy? or clio with a CD changer as plugs into CD changer port? :)

Reaction score
Based on Liam's post above, if you have an Update List HU then this lead should work.

Reaction score
Yeah if it's not an update list headunit (ie if it doesn't say update list somewhere on the facia) then you will need a different lead apparently.
There's an old thread on here about it all

Reaction score
Thanks Carbon Chaos. Does anyone have a picture of the where it connects to? wires are short so not much room to see whats what, anf the 3 pind connector is somewhat loose in the slot that was empty in the black block so would just fall out when I put stereo back in :-(

Reaction score
Ah thankyou. I was trying to connect in the one directly below it, there appears to be a connector already in that socket, does this mean ill lose radio station selected on the display screen?

Reaction score
Does your car have a cd multi changer fitted? i think they will clip together and fit in that socket ? don't quote me on that is been a while or may be its one or the other you can have not both.

Reaction score
Thanks mate. does the display and stereo still work normally? Will try to find time over weekend to get mine sorted :).

Reaction score
Yep. Everything works as normal. Obvs the stick controls don't work on changing track of iPod etc but volume still works and everything works normal when not in aux mode (which you may need to 'activate' in the menu for it to show up as an input option)

Reaction score
Ok cool, any ideas what the green wires in yellow connector are for? Need to get this done & stereo pushed back in lol.

Reaction score
Hold down the button marked 'expert', scroll through with arrow buttons to 'aux', turn it on with volume buttons then exit by holding down expert again. Aux can be selected with SRC button or scroll wheel