Invisible number plate?

Reaction score
On one of my routes home I drive past a business park that has one of those camera's that displays number plates as you go by and it doesn't pick mine up. It'll get the car in front and the one behind, but completely wiffs on mine. Anyone got a hypothesis?
Ollie I don't know if you're still on site in Hemel, but its the Maylands complex on the left as you drive north off of the roundabout from the M1.

Reaction score
Never heard of one of these cameras, what's purpose of showing your plate?

Reaction score
Inferno said:
Never heard of one of these cameras, what's purpose of showing your plate?
I've seen a few of them around at entrances to business parks and office blocks...I just assumed it was one of those big brother (the book not the tele program :wink: ) things, letting you know they're watching and recording.

Reaction score
I've got no hypothesis' on this but I want to know who made your Invisible Number plate coz i want one too!

Invisible plate = no speed camera fines!

Reaction score
Yup, know the one you mean.

There is another one at the back (near the now defunct oil deopt).

I think it picks mine up without any problems... does it read the car infront and behind you?

Sometimes it can have a bit of lag to report the number...

Will drive past tomorrow and give it a test...

O.

Reaction score
Ya I wasn't sure about that until getting stuck in a few queues over the past couple weeks and it picks up the car in front and the one behind.

Reaction score
Maybe you need to leave more distance between the cars so that the reader gets a clear view?

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Maybe you need to leave more distance between the cars so that the reader gets a clear view?

O.
Are you implying I tailgate :p
I've thought about stopping in front of it, so I might try that one day either late or early when there's no traffic :wink:

Reaction score
lol.. not hard to do in traffic!!!

It seems to read the plate from very early on so keep a keen eye out for it. Will give it a whirl tomorrow (I normally go round the back - first roundabout turn right) to avoid the morning traffic but they have turned the camera off round the back :)

O.