Reaction score
just insured the trophy for the next year. there was a £200 difference between cheepest and most exspensive!

car is garaged and not used for work. standard and no more than 10000 miles a year. i'm 37 years old and have three points and 6 years no claims.

i went for a like for like quote with the optional legal cover and protected no claims,
although some companies included a courtesy car while others didn't.

the only company to get under £500 ( and by some margin) was the RAC - with a premium of £433... and £220 excess

...and that's as a trophy not just a 182!!!

i was so pleased i thought i'd mention it on here
if yours is due shortly give them a try.... the number is 0800 133 233

i also got free RAC membership!

with a quote of over £600 churchill were the most exspensive...."oh, no no no"

hyb

Reaction score
sounds like a good deal. just out of interest is anyone with adrian flux here? they were a whopping £600 Cheaper than anyone else.

( Posted from a mobile device )

Reaction score
I got a renewal quote of £423 from "more th>n", who I was with last year (I am 42 with max no claims).

I went on to confused.com and the cheapest quote that I got was £297 and that was from guess who?

Correct, more th>n!

I went onto the more th>n website and got a quote for £310 after adding in protected no claims.

I rang them up and asked why the difference between my renewal quote of £423 and the internet quote of £310. They couldn't give me an answer and said that I could accept the £310 quote and become a "new" customer, which I did.

In other words, I'm now with the same company, with the same cover, on the same car, doing the same mileage, but I got it £113 cheaper by becoming a "new" customer.

Oh and in case you're wondering, the documents state that the car is a "Renault Clio Renaultspt Trophy 182".

Insurance companies! Why do the words "arse" and "elbow" spring to mind?

Reaction score
MickD said:
Insurance companies! Why do the words "arse" and "elbow" spring to mind?

I find the words 'thieving', 'profiteering', 'cheating', 'swindling', 'criminal' and 'bastards' springing to mind more readily...

Admiral sent my final payment to a debt collection agency because I went on holiday and didn't pay them for three weeks. When I rang them, they said it was no longer in their hands, even though I told them I had already posted the cheque, she said I needed to phone the debt collectors, I asked them for the number and she said I would have to wait for their letter. I spent £2000 with them over 20 months and didn't even claim for a stone chip. Fuckers.

Reaction score
my insurance has went up by £271 even tho i did less millage than stated, got another years no claims and went another year without gettin any more points! cant wait til april 2008 so i can finally have a clean licence and stop having to insure my cars through my mum ( im only 19 btw) and pay well over the odds for it!