Reaction score
Over the w/e i bought a green open cone induction kit.

I removed the air box and all air feeds leaving a decent gap in the engine bay.

Fitted the open cone induction kit (v. easy), and put the car back together again.
No air feed tubing used at all.

Differences?.....Lots

Loss in power: None
Gain in power: Undetectable
Gain in engine noise: Perfect, awesome, how it should have been in the first place.

Heat soak: NONE felt, no flat spots , nothing
I might,however, buy/make a half moom heat shield.
Im simply relying on air moving up the gap.

Anyone else got a open cone induction kit?

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    443.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC00021.JPG
    DSC00021.JPG
    489.5 KB · Views: 373
Reaction score
Cool, looks like a neat set-up, large surface area on the filter must help. Keep us posted with any updates. What did you paint the sport on your manifold with? Looks good too.

Reaction score
Looks good. I personally would have left the original pipe to feed cold air from behind the fog light though. Consider buying a wider tube to run in place of the fog light - I think it should help keep things a bit cooler.

Looking good!

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
I had the Powertec induction kit fitted for quite a long time, came to having the car serviced, and i switched back to the K&N Panel filter.

I noticed a huge difference in performance going back to the panel filter. The IK seemed to drain some of the top end, and make it very sluggish at anything above 6k.

As you say Dan the sound is amazing, and you just keep booting it everywhere you go. But for outright perfomrance IMHO I dont feel that they work as well as a panel filter with decent cold air feeds.

Reaction score
i can sense that i'll need to have a look at the engine bays at Trax for some ideas :wink:

not bored yet after 4 months but if there's slight improvements to be made i'll definitely consider them :!:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
stevegunnis said:
Cool, looks like a neat set-up, large surface area on the filter must help. Keep us posted with any updates. What did you paint the sport on your manifold with? Looks good too.

Radiator paint may work.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:

Uber expensive special small pot halfrauds finest brake caliper paint. Made to withstand the highest temperatures, sold @ £20 (anyone seen that stuff, got to make you laugh)

or i just used some old Hammerite :D

Have not noticed any power drains at all through-out the rev range, and believe me its been tested :twisted:

However, some guy on cliosport bought a s/h air box and put the cone inside that.
I may try, see wot happens.