In two minds..............

Reaction score
Im in two minds at the minute as to whether Trophy ownership is for me. I love the car and its a great weekend release after driving the slow derv all week but im not sure if I can keep up with the maintenance/general costs of owning two cars.

What id like peoples opinion on is if I sell; should I do the belts first? The Aux belt is due I think (need to double check) so do I JUST do this and not the cambelt (which is due next year) or do I do both? Would I get more money if I did both?

As I said, im not 100% selling but Id like to know peoples opinions........

TIA
Chris

MC1

Reaction score
From what I've found from being tempted to sell mine is yes, do the belts. They'll only try & knock you down [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dont sell if now mate .. you've done the hard work .. In all honesty once they are running well they are good .. mine is no worse than any normal car in terms of expense ..

Reaction score
Well it looks like im doing the belts anyway and its insured to September so I'll make the decision near September I think. Came in handy having a spare car today as the Merc has a flat tyre (nail in tyre last night) lol

Reaction score
Im in two minds at the minute as to whether Trophy ownership is for me. I love the car and its a great weekend release after driving the slow derv all week but im not sure if I can keep up with the maintenance/general costs of owning two cars.

What id like peoples opinion on is if I sell; should I do the belts first? The Aux belt is due I think (need to double check) so do I JUST do this and not the cambelt (which is due next year) or do I do both? Would I get more money if I did both?

As I said, im not 100% selling but Id like to know peoples opinions........

TIA
Chris

Hey Chris I've had same thoughts but it's more due to the time of year/weather. As you say it's a great weekend car but what would you replace it with?

I'd do both belts, enjoy it and come to the weekender. :grinning:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've been in the same place, I think getting the belts done is the right thing and gives you a better negotiating position if you do decide to sell.

Reactions: MC1

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Chris, you've clearly lost your mind mate, but don't worry, you'll find it again at the end of the WW2017. In the meantime, get both belts done.

Reaction score
I can understand being in two minds, get the belts all done enjoy the summer and WW2017 then do what feels best for YOU.

On the plus side you won't be losing money in the meantime, possibly gaining it.

Reaction score
Well what do you feel needs doing get other than the belt?
Then you have the price you want to achieve. I would bet 90% of all mk2 renaults sport clios have aux belts that re late.

Need to be trying to command top dollar at the cars price point for it to matter to be honest.

About to own my third 182 and tbh I have found that they are very rewarding but can be expensive to keep on top off. So you do need to be committed. I found to start with a cheap code reader was a must have.

Reaction score
Well the good news is that Ive dug through my paperwork and I 'think' the Aux belt may have been done in 2015! Just need to double check the part number as the description just says 'belt kit' at £64 R7701477519