Reaction score
So the Hoffmeister likes his hemispherical heads eh? I'm more of a Ford 427 or 390 man myself.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
So the Hoffmeister likes his hemispherical heads eh? I'm more of a Ford 427 or 390 man myself.
mmmm very nice. but ive got some type of fetish for the Hemi's even tho Ford makes a better V8

Reaction score
Since driving the RS4 at Silverstone i was hooked, i chose the convertible just to be different :wink:

there are mixed reviews as you say on the handling, but hey perhaps i'll drive like a girl so won't feel the scuttle shake :p

Reaction score
I'd have to say I'd be swayed by a 911 GT3. 0-62 in 4.3 seconds and 31mpg (non urban driving). Also something I could drive everyday!

Reaction score
Audrey 286 said:
Neophyte, the GT3 vids were great. I saw a white one in the flesh at the Ring a month ago... really nice looking car. I'll post some pics if I can for you....

I just watched them again myself, they are very entertaining.
Any 997 pics 8)
I did once go for a lap of the Nordschleife in a 996 GT3, (with very sensible driver). We were still doing 170mph on the approach to think it is called ""AngstKurve" (sp?) - the fast left hander towards the top of Kesselchen! (might have got corner name wrong, I'm getting old!) So the driver wasn't "shy" but the lasting impression was how impressive the car was :twisted:

Steve Gunnis said:
...Oop, terribly sorry, just come. God that's an awesome video.
...... My choice - the Trophy.

:lol:
Sometimes I feel like I rate my tomato car more highly than is rationally deserved, then one considers questions like yours and it doesn't seem unbalanced after all :)

Day

Reaction score
Porsche 993

autoleasebc_968_3.jpg

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
Gotta agree with Day. It's the only car that looks good in baby blue (although I would probably put up with the Gallardo spider in blue too) and they are still the ultimate iconic porsche if you ask me.

If it wasn't for the reliability issues, it would have to be an Alfa SZ though.

http://www.squadra-tuning.com/English/EN_alfa_SZ.htm

I love em :p

One in the back of this months EVO, a cubists wet dream. Bit on the slow side isn't it Olly, 0-60 in 7.1? Better off in the Trophy. And I know it's Italian but where's the V8?

If I was going to be stuck with two seats and a porsche for the rest of my life I'd at least make it something worth giving up my friends for, like a Carrera GT or the original 2.7 RS.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
If I was going to be stuck with two seats and a porsche for the rest of my life I'd at least make it something worth giving up my friends for, like a Carrera GT or the original 2.7 RS.

A 993/6/7 has 4 seats...

Reaction score
They are just as good as the Trophy's rear bench with any decent sized person sitting in the front seat! :)

It's good to know they are there for emergencies but for the rest of the time... :p

O.

Reaction score
Not really seats though are they? You'd be hard pushed to get a bag of shopping in there, Porsche engineers obviously didn't want more weight in the back of the car!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there's a trick to sitting in the back of them..... i'm 6'3'' and i can get in them - you sit across the seat rather than front on if that makes sense.... bit uncomfortable with 3 in the back though like we use to do :)

i prefer the 996's and 997's to the air cooled 911's. i find there's a smother transition of power and cirtainly more 'ooommmph'

can't beat the M5 though for all round ability for speed, comfort and distance covering..... oh shut-up what am i saying.... Bentley Continetal anyone?

Reaction score
I think that a mint 20v Ur Quattro would have to be on my list. Properly iconic car. My dad had one of the very first 20v and I've loved em ever since.

Reaction score
ryanaldo13
I'de really like one of those Bowler Wildcat Paris-Dakar racing monsters

Saw one of these testing at a off road rally centre near where I live. Absolutley awsome piece of kit. If I lived on a farm that would be my dream motor. Ive marshalled on a couple of rally stages ages ago and nothing could beat a Bowler for sheer excitement even an old group B rally car.

RS6 PLUS for everday use though. My wife got delivered to our wedding in one. :D