how much oil??

Reaction score
still laughing to myself about this...
yesterday my wifes friend called out the AA, nothing strange about that...but the guy ended up having to empty out 4 Liters of excess oil from the engine :D
at this point i have no idea how the extra oil came to be there (although i have a good idea that it was filled to the brim of the oil cap :D )
But right now i'm wondering if there is actually that much spare "space" in the engine...? anyone know? obivously it changes depending on engine size

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wow thats alot of excess oil, good question.

I guess once past the max level then the oil will fill the bottom of the block where the crack/conrods are and then would travel up to the cylinder head where it would then flow into the engine via the valves.

?

Reaction score
Lol :D
I no a bloke that was filling the oil up after a service he left the electric oil pump on and forgot about it the engine was filled to the brim and all over the workshop floor if i remember correctly it was about 65 litre of 5w/30 fully sinfetic everwhere lol
It was in a 4.2 supercharged rangerover sport and the customer was waiting to pick there car up