Reaction score
it is only on the left hand side of wheel the right is OK ?

Reaction score
was hoping it would be an easy fix my local Renault dealers are sh#t . Do you know if the centre part comes of or will it activate the air bag ?

Reaction score
I have no idea . I had a look for two tabs which you uset to use to take the front part of the steering wheel off could not find them . Had a little pull to see if i could see them hiding just inside the gap but no luck . When i finished looking put the key in started the car and the horn now works and has done ever since .

Reaction score
Ive got this problem now. So is the solution just pull the steering wheel a bit or has anyone else got any ideas.

Dan.

Reaction score
oh right i had a little pull but i couldn't feel any "tabs" but i didn't want to pull too hard because there is an airbag under there :lol:. Its just really odd because occasionally wen pressing it i get a half hearted "pap" so its not fully disconnected. Maybe a dealer issue me thinks. Thanks

Dan

Reaction score
Just thought i'd post an update on this. It turned out to be the mount the horn is on was corroded and therefore there was a poor earth. A quick clean with some steel wool and it works perfectly. So if anyone else has this problem check the earth before buying a new horn!

Reaction score
right, can someone please tell/show me a picture of where the horn is and how i would get to it? its the 2nd time this week my wife has needed to beep to stop someone reversing in her while my daughter was in passenger seat and the horns not worked. i want to give it a really good scrub with wd40 and wire brush to make sure the connections are ok.

please help guys.

cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can't show you a picture but if look at the front of the car - it's about where the passenger fog light is. For access it's easiest to get to by removing the passenger front wheel then the wheel arch trim. You see it bolted to a bracket just above the splitter area below the engine.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. From memory a few screws along the edge and some popper style trim clips further in.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes two flat popper's along the top of the wheel arch liner about half way up the front of the arch, one screw along the rim of the arch and one just behind the splitter going into the bumper.