Reaction score
Corneyman's has had to pul onto hard shoulder. He has a fluctuating temperature gauge and is waiting for Renault Assistance. He has asked for your help.

Has anyone had a problem with their temperature gauge. If so could let me know what the the problem was so he can pass it onto Renault when they pick him up.

Thanks

Reaction score
funny you should say that...the 1st day i got my trophy 2 months ago the temp guage rose to the normal position then fell back to cold...this went on for about 5 mins then back to normal (half way position)...the next day it did the same thing,but never went any higher than half way,again for only the first few miles..only on the first 2 days of owenership....it hasnt done it again touch wood...
i put it down to the garage probably jet washing the engine...but i do intend to mention it when it goes in for a service....
unless it was going to the top i wouldnt get too worried...but i agree it is a concern...please let us know if there was an obivous problem but i fear you will just get the standard "we couldnt find anything wrong,it didnt do it in the workshop" line from the dealer...

Reaction score
Had the very same problem myself, dodgy water temperature sensor, mine was never so bad that it cut out though. Got this reply from a Renault techie when I posted about my temperature gauge.

Ian M said:
hello there, im a mechainc at reno wolverhampton, you will be needing a temp sensor and plug fitting, it will run rough, probably over fuel as it see's in correct water temp, and trys to componsate for cold conditions, whens its actually warm!

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, SoS and OliS, really appreciate the help!!

I've been towed home, the car is running fine but I thought it was prudent to get the tow. What an experience! :shock:

Oli, you've hit the nail on the head, mine didn't cut out just felt rough so I thought it was best to stop since I was on the M62. After your sensor played up did you carry on running the car or did you go straight to the dealer with the problem? I don't know if the problem would cause any damage? I've had a Maxogen fitted together with my Group N ECU and decat, do you think it'll be covered under warranty? Mmmmmm. :roll:

By the way, the query was put on the site by my girlfriend, what a star. Don't want you all thinking I now refer to myself in the third person! Bet Stromba does. :)

Reaction score
Probably drove around for a week in total with it playing up, was replaced under warranty in a day. Although your car is modified, you've got nothing to loose by trying to get the work done under warranty, I've had modified cars repaired under warranty before (VW and Peugeot, never tried with Renault), not sure how much the parts are if you have to cough up for it yourself though.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, tempted to book it into my local independent rather than a main dealer. I've used the guy to service the car and he's alright. My main dealer would be Sunwin in Bradford, don't know what they're like. Typically I'm working this weekend and I've got to get from one side of Yorkshire to the other, literally, on both Saturday and Sunday. Can do without the car playing up when I've got 150 miles a day to do.

Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I work in Castleford and there's a dealer near me in Pontefract, I'll try them first.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
omg dont use sunwin in bradford, they're the ones that didn't know what a Clio Trophy was.... dog dice mate, stay well clear. If you can make the trip to Hudderfield I'd recommend you speak to Phil there as he loves his RS models. Still don't rate Reno dealers though - is there one that is any good and actually cares for the car and customers???????