Ste

Reaction score
Hello all,

Bad news ( for me anyway ) due to my current circumstances, the Trophy has got to go, sadly! Im just looking for a run-around for the winter, while I try and save some cash. The problem is I still owe money on it, one option is to get a loan, pay the car off, sell the car, pay the loan off, this just seems a bit long-winded! Also to bee 100% the car was involved in a accident this year, all damage was repaired,but im not sure what class it was, or even if it was 1 :? (if you know what I mean).

Basically, Im just looking for peoples advice & opinions, id but the value at any between 6 - 7? I can provide any more info if needed!

Cheers!

Reaction score
HPI check will show up any finance on the car ( unless you just got a basic loan yourself and then bought the trophy with the money )...you will need to pay that off 1st...maybe you could find a buyer willing to pay whats owing direct to the loan company ?..difficult i would imagine
You should ring the finance company now and ask for a settlement figure so you know whats owing.
HPI will also show up the accident depending on the class ( but hey i'm no expert )
good luck

Reaction score
You can't legally sell a car if it has finance against it as you do not own the whole car, the HP company owns there portion of it (and in some cases own it all until final payment made check your details) and have every right to take the car in event of you not paying off the finance leaving new owner high and dry.

Unless the car was actually written off and then classed as a CAT C or D which are financial right offs and can be repaired and VIC checked before returning to the road (CAT A &B mechanical write offs and can't be returned to the road) then there is no record of it with the DVLA, though insurance company will have kept a record of what they paid out on it to be repaired but that would be against you, not the car.

As suggested, contact whoever you have credit with get a final fee and pay it off first.

Reaction score
I can't workout why anyone goes for car finance rather than just a bank loan? Finance just seems to tie you down and so more awkward.

Ste

Reaction score
Cheers guys!

Going to the bank this weekend to see about a loan. Any 1 how much these accident damaged Trophy's retail for?

Reaction score
I guess that would depend on the damage caused, condition and milage. If it's now classified with damage i.e. CAT C-D this would probably effect the price. I have seen a couple of damage repaired i.e. CAT C-D Trophy's (good condition) sell with say 30-40k on the clock for between £6000 - £6500.

I picked up my one a year ago today actually :) ! and I paid just under 8k with 15k on the clock, no damage and excellent 'standard' condition. Hopefully this may give you an idea of a price mark. I think top line for a mint one and super low milage would be in the region of £8500.

P.S. Don't listen to what parker guides say as they usually totally under value the car. If you price the car just right then there shouldn't be a problem selling it as its a sort after car.

Ste

Reaction score
Apart for a few minor stone chips the car is in very good condition, just under 51k on the clock, was only front end damage...! Was hoping for around £6500, as it did have alot of extra work done, thanks to the garage (which the insurance company paid for :D )

Reaction score
If someone HPi's it and it comes up as a cat C or D, I don't think you'll get near £6500 for it. It'd be about that 51k in decent condition i reckon. But if it doesn't show as a cat C or D then you should get that.

Stand in their shoes, would you pay that amount for a damaged Trophy?

Sorry bud, best of luck 'n all though

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
Be real if it's been painted & many have.
Myself i would walk away as i would not be interested.

Steve I know you've been waiting for me to put mine up for sale :wink: , you say you'd walk away from that as it's been painted then?

Reaction score
Jules yours is a tiny blow in, not a fecking front end, or rear end :roll:
I mean you ask the seller they say mint, you get there painted, not good.
By the way 40k 55plater on PH £6200, reality check :(