Reaction score
I've started to learn this technique on downshifts blah blah, i can blip the throttle in my Saxo quite easily but not in the Trophy, is this beacause:-

A - the pedals are to far apart
B - i'm not pressing the brake pedal in enough.
C - my feet to small?

pleae help a wannaby track star!

Reaction score
I used to be able to do this very well in my old CTR, but have been struggling trying in the 182 (Same pedals as Trophy of course). The brake pedal feels slightly too high for my wee size 8's to get on the accelerator.

Getting better, just think it's a time to just keep practising tbh mate.

Good Luck :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
bit of both to be fair, the offset of the seat to the pedals, the width of the gap and the travel of the brake make it difficult.

The other alternative is left foot braking..... be very careful with this though on the public road, if you need to brake your instict will be to engage the clutch at low speed - causing you to head butt the windscreen!

Reaction score
I tried left foot braking once and nearly catapulted myself through the windscreen :(

It's unbelieveable how clumsy my weaker foot feels - starting to find it a bit easier now but it doesnt half take some practise!

Reaction score
definately 1 to practice on ur own, so instintive to just drop that left foot down... then eat windscreen lol

used to love left foot braking in me old mr2, havent got around to it in the Trophy yet + gonna have to be more carefull now having uprated the brakes,
must find a deserted trading estate and have a go :p

Reaction score
left foot braking i don't think i will ever try and learn properly, definately not use on the road. The only time you can do it is when you completely think about it, but that kind of defeats the point as it is designed to make you faster round track, but the thinking time makes you slower :lol:

in regards to heel & toe, i used to practice all the time in my old fiat punto and was brilliant and very easy in that, then got the trophy and adjusted to the different pedal feel in about a week....can do it without thinking....all about heel & toe into first :lol:

problem is, you often can't properly use h&t on the road because to do it you have to be quite hard on the brake pedal, and on the road you are not very often going fast enough in a high enough gear to be able to use it, still good for practice tho.

i always blip down gears on the roads tho!

I think the peadals are perfect in the clio, round track the h&t was awesome!

Reaction score
The accelerator pedal unit is mounted onto studs on the lower part of the bulkhead - I have used spacers to raise and tilt it towards the brake pedal - much better on road and track. The problem is also exacerbated by the FBW system which provides a slighly soft response - i.e not an instant blip - re-mapping often makes this more instantaneous.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I do this without thinking on the road now, although oddly i find it harder to do on track as the brake pedal is depressed more with harder braking. Guess i've just got used to the position with lighter pressure on the brake pedal during normal driving.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Diddy size 6's never found this easy, normally foot ends up at odd angle.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
i found i had to practice this quite a bit to get it right in the Clio (it seemed a bit easy in other cars), stick with it and you'll do it all the time without knowing it.

If you have a after market exhaust, you'll wanna keep doing it! 8)