Heads up! Cheap I-pod to Trophy Head-Unit cables on ebay.

Reaction score
I know a lot of people want to keep their cars standard, audio included but would still like some sort of ipod functionality without spending £100+ on a Denison etc...

After much oohing and aahing I decided to take a bit of a risk and buy a cable from ebay, for £20 you get a lengthy cable (bout 1.5m I think) and one end has a connecter which plugs into the rear of the update list head unit, whilst the other end has a normal headphone-style plug that you can plug straight into your ipod (or generic mp3 player bla bla) The sound quality is good, well as good as it can be through the standard trophy unit and speaker set up and it's far superior to an itrip or other fm transmitter job.

I'm pretty happy with the result anyway, cheap at £20, fast delivery and whilst it won't charge your ipod or give you any control functionality, at least you're getting good sound through the system, and i've found with a decent cradle you can control the ipod quite safely. The cable itself can easily thread out of the back of the dash without any need to remove anything so it's basically a 2 minute job!

Anyway just a heads up, have no connection with the seller etc etc, but thought it would interest a few people on here.

Ebay ipod cable

Andy,

ps. Apparently it only works with the 'update list' HU, so not for older 182's with the 'tuner list'

Reaction score
I have a CD changer on my Trophy. Will this be plugged into the same socket on the back of the Headunit that the Ipod would need to go into???

If not i'll be off to spend i think.

Cheers.

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
I have a CD changer on my Trophy. Will this be plugged into the same socket on the back of the Headunit that the Ipod would need to go into???

If not i'll be off to spend i think.

Cheers.

Im pretty certain its the same out put connection the cd changer uses. So its one or the other.

Reaction score
Pretty sure Sleek is right, when you pull the headunit out, there is a yellow plug in one of the sockets and with mine (no changer) an empty socket right next to it. With this cable I removed the yellow one and the two plugs slide together (the new one onto the side of the yellow one) then I reinserted the now combined plug into the socket (which filled it)

I think the changer goes into the same socket as this cable does so probably is one or the other.