Reaction score
I think its time to upgrade my exhaust and Hayward & Scott came to mind since I used their exhausts on both my past Imprezas with no problems at all. Has anyone fitted one of their exhausts to their 182? If so was it any good? I've been quoted £450 plus VAT which seems reasonable, half the price of those French exhausts!

Reaction score
Not sure about the H&S exhausts for the 182's, there was a thread a while back on Cliosport about a few people who did a group buy with them and some of the guys had problems with alignment etc. I am not a member on there so I can't use the search function to see if there have been any updates on their progress but it is probably worth you checking out.

I was gutted when I read the thread on Cliosport as H&S have built themsleves a great reputation, particularily with Scooby owners, and I was hoping that it would be an easy decision to put an H&S exhaust on my Trophy, but the views of the Cliosport guys put me off, mainly because if there were any issues with the exhaust then I would have to trek back to Essex to get it looked at.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, when I contacted H & S they mentioned the group buy but not the problems. I can't fault them when it comes to Imprezas, I loved my exhaust although my neighbours were not too keen at 6.30am as I rumbled down the road.

Tempted to do it but a voice in my head keeps repeating Golf GTi. The DSG gearbox really made an impression with me.

Reaction score
My H&S is wicked. They did a cracking job on it. And I've not had a problem with it since fitted.

There was an issue with movement originally, but that was because the Reno mounts are crap. H&S manufactured an extra mounting, which solved this problem.

Steve

Reaction score
Glad to hear some news contrary to what I had previously heard, may well be worth checking out especially as it is pretty much half the price of the Orbisoud system.

What is the backbox design, is it two seperate backboxes, or one that has two tailpipes coming out like the Janspeed and Orbisoud sytems?

Reaction score
It's two separate boxes mate. They will make you whatever you want tbh. If you want different design done.

If you want to check a couple out, why don't you come and meet up with Matt and me at a local pub meet. Are you far from Biggin Hill ?

Then you can have a look at a couple of different types.

cheers
Steve

DSC_5214_on.jpg