Reaction score
Was chattin with some1 the other day & basically it led me to have a quick check over my brakes.

I was very surprised. The rear pads are just about due 4 replacement imo, after only 8500miles!!!! There is about 1-1.5mm left on the piston side pad and 2.5-3mm on the reactor side.

Has anyone else had this surprising wear rate? No I don't drive like a loon cos the fronts are ok :wink:

Rang Renault to see how long they thought they should last & was told about 30 000 miles. He said he'd go see what he could find out and would ring back in 10 mins, it's now been 10 hours :roll:

Reaction score
I'm on 16k miles and original pads all around (including one track day). Still have more than 50% left on the rear pads.

Make sure your handbrake is not applied (i.e. tension in the cable regardless of position).

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Mines just been in for its 12k service - both front and rear pads evenly worn (can't remember the percentages i'm afraid but certainly less than 50% for the rears)

Sounds like yours might have a problem - perhaps they have been binding?

Reaction score
I guess they could have been stuck on at some point but they are not now, after applying the footbrake they release and the handbrake does fully release. But either way i'm gonna have to get Renault to do something about it under warranty. And from that point of view I can't do any work myself at the moment.

The longest period it's been stood was 1month but when it was only 3 months old I would not expect an issue like this to occur.

Cheers for the info fellas