Reaction score
Sorry you have to be a member I think, here it is:

andycumming asked 182 Cup or Trophy?

Hi. I bought a 182 Renault sport Clio a couple of months ago, and I am not sure if it is a cup or a trophy. I do now that it was imported by the chap who owned it before me. How do I find out? Many thanks Andy Cumming

Allen Collen responds The main cosmetic ones are: The Trophy is in a bright red, has Trophy on the door sills as well as having a numbered plaque on the centre console. Also under the skin the are quite a few changes to the suspension.

Reaction score
DOH!!!

Hang on though, these guys who reply are meant to be clued up on all aspect of the RS range, now correct me if I am wrong but since when has the plaque ever been fitted in the centre console. :lol:

Reaction score
SteveC said:
DOH!!!

Hang on though, these guys who reply are meant to be clued up on all aspect of the RS range, now correct me if I am wrong but since when has the plaque ever been fitted in the centre console. :lol:

clearly someone is confusing the Trophy with the Williams :lol:

Reaction score
It's unsurprising that there's confusion. I was told by a customer that his wife had a 225 Trophy. I said "Oh, an 05 plate ltd edn Grey one?" replied, "No, an 04 plate orange one." There was no point explaining, but some people seem to group any fast Renaults as Cup or Trophy.

Some people also misdescribe Cups as Trophys in ads just to get the phone ringing. I've seen Inferno 'Clio Trophys'.

Reaction score
In the local ASDA car park recently I saw a black 182 lowered to mack daddy pimp level and with 'Trophy' stickers on the sills...maybe he bought that one :lol: